Instagram Deleted Messages – How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages 2021
As we all know, Instagram is a popular social networking tool for sharing extraordinary moments through images, videos, and stories.
It is used by millions of individuals around the globe to keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues.
You can also connect with celebrities, organizations, influencers, relatives, and friends through it.
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger launched Instagram in April 2012.
- What Is an Instastalker? How To Find Your Stalkers, And Avoid Instagram Stalking
- How To Repost on Instagram: Easy Way to Reshare Content
- Best Time to Post on Instagram in 2021? [Cheat Sheet]
- How To Upload Videos to Instagram from Computer?
- 8 Ways to Build Your Audience With Instagram Stories Like A Pro
Table of Contents
What are Instagram Deleted Messages?
In December 2013, Instagram introduced Instagram Direct, which allows users to share private messages, photos, and videos in the same way that Facebook Messenger does.
Deleted Instagram messages or Instagram Deleted Messages are those that were sent to you but were unsent immediately by the sender before you opened the chat.
You will not be able to read the text, and it will disappear.
Why Did My Conversation on Instagram Disappear? Instagram Deleted Messages
One of the most common reasons for the disappearance of an Instagram direct message is that the other person with whom you were conversing has blocked you.
You won’t be able to see the chat in your direct message if you’ve blocked someone too.
Are Instagram Messages Deleted Forever? Instagram Deleted Messages
Instagram takes approximately 90 days to completely wipe deleted data from its databases.
Companies frequently hold newly erased data for a while until it can be fully cleansed from their caches, systems, and networks.
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Instagram 2021 ~ Instagram Deleted Messages
Many times, you’ll need to recover Instagram messages that you mistakenly deleted or that the sender had unsent before you viewed.
If you are looking for a solution to recover Instagram direct messages that have been deleted, simply use one of the methods listed below.
Recover Instagram messages from users to whom you have sent a message
When you delete Direct Messages on Instagram, you are simply deleting the messages from your account, they remain visible on the Instagram accounts of the person you sent them to.
So, if the chats or messages were not erased from their account, the simplest option to recover lost Instagram messages is to ask that individual to send them to you.
2. Recover deleted Instagram messages through connected Facebook account
The procedure above will not operate if the Instagram messages you sent have been deleted from the other user’s account.
Once you’ve linked your Facebook and Instagram accounts, you can simply view and manage your Instagram messages by accessing and going through your Facebook Inbox. Here’s how to go about it:
- Firstly, visit the Facebook website or your Facebook mobile app.
- Then, sign in with your Facebook account that is linked with your Instagram account and go to your Facebook inbox.
- Finally, on the left menu bar, tap the Instagram Direct icon to access your Instagram Direct messages.
3. Recover deleted Instagram messages through third-party- Instagram message recovery tool
The Instagram message recovery tool is an Instagram message recovery app or website to recover deleted Instagram messages.
Keep in mind that using a third-party program to retrieve deleted Instagram messages is not recommended.
To get your deleted Instagram messages back, follow these steps:
- Firstly, browse for the Instagram message recovery tool and enter your username.
- Example of Instagram message recovery app are iStaunch’s Instagram Messages Recovery.
- Next, click the Recover Messages button, and your messages will be restored to your account immediately.
4. Recover deleted Instagram messages through Instagram data
- Firstly, go to Instagram’s web page in your browser. Don’t use the Instagram app in this method, you must go to their web page.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the ‘Profile’ icon. Then, select the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Then, from the pop-up window, select ‘Privacy and Security.’ After that, scroll down a little to find ‘Data download.’
- Select ‘Request download’ from the drop-down menu. You will be asked to confirm your identification, so click ‘Log in again’ and provide your credentials and fill up your email address.
- Meanwhile, you will be sent a link to a file containing your Instagram profile information, photographs, comments, and other necessary information.
- Select ‘Next’ Once again enter your password and click on ‘Request download’ Instagram will now send you an email containing the data.
Note: Instagram may take some time to send you the email containing your data. So, after requesting your data, you may need to wait patiently for about 48 hours.
- After that, go over to your mailbox and you’ll see a mail with a subject ‘Your Instagram Data’ Access this mail and select on the ‘Download data’ button. Your data is then downloaded to your storage as a ZIP file.
- Ensure, this file is unzipped.
- Finally, find ‘‘messages.json” among the data and open it in a text editor.
You can now see all of the Instagram messages you’ve sent or received. From here, you can recover any message you need.