Microsoft Corporation’s Hotmail is a quick and free email service. The service, however, is no longer known as Hotmail, MSN, or Windows Live. In fact, the site has been totally upgraded to the most recent version of Outlook.com. Although Outlook and Hotmail may have the same meaning, I don’t believe Microsoft redesigned its famous webmail program for the purpose of the namesakes.
It wasn’t only a renaming approach; it was also a re-branding campaign. In fact, they’ve improved it by adding a slew of additional beneficial features to your inbox and making it easier to use for its consumers. Hotmail accounts have all of the advantages of Outlook, which means they never grow obsolete or need to be recycled.
As many active Hotmail users are already aware, the well-known email address has not vanished. It’s ready to use and enjoys the same high regard as Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. A Hotmail email account is compatible with Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Skype, OneDrive, Office 365, and even the Windows Insider Program.
How Hotmail Connect to Outlook
Hotmail, formerly known as outlook.com, was Microsoft’s outdated messaging system that has since been modernized, and its 2017 version is now available to everyone. This latest edition, like all previous versions, includes a slew of additional capabilities, particularly in the connection procedure.
Hotmail’s name was changed to Outlook.com in 2012.
Although it was still in the testing phase at the time, we felt Hotmail’s days were numbered. This modification was complemented by a redesigned interface that highlighted the Metro environment.
You can connect to your Outook.com mailbox via a variety of ways. You can type one of the following URLs into your browser’s address bar: hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, or msn.com. The final URL will send you to Microsoft’s browser, where you may access your mailbox by typing “outlook.com.”
How To Signup Hotmail?
It is quite simple to sign up with Hotmail. If you go to hotmail.com or any other national version of Hotmail, you will be sent to the Outlook.com site because everything is now handled by Microsoft’s new service.
All of your contacts, emails, and calendar appointments have been migrated to Outlook.com, and you may access all of your materials, emails, and documents at any time.
However, the actions required to simply create a new www.hotmail.com account and complete a hassle-free Hotmail sign up are outlined below.
- First, go to signup.live.com to establish an account.
- Now, on the left side of your screen, fill out the registration form. In the first two text boxes above, enter your first and last name.
- Choose and type in your new username.
- Select whether you want to create your new Microsoft account at Outlook.com or Hotmail.com from the drop-down box on the right.
- Create a password with at least eight characters.
- Enter your new password again.
- From the drop-down menu, select your country or area.
- Type in your zip code.
- Select your birth date from the drop-down option.
- Select your gender.
- Type in your country code.
- Enter your phone number.
- Include a backup email address if you have one.
- Fill out the registration form with the characters shown in the image below. This step is essential because Microsoft needs to guarantee that an account is created by a real person.
Simply click the blue “Create Account” button, and you’re done! After the process is complete, you will be in your new inbox, where you will be able to handle your emails, contacts, data, and appointments.
It will become clear that it is not difficult.
Sign in / Login to Hotmail
To sign up for Outlook.com, you do not need an Outlook email address. Hotmail Sign Up is also compatible with your account (@hotmail.com) as well as the following email addresses: @live.com and @msn.com. How does the Hotmail login function now?
- Open your Internet browser and navigate to www.hotmail.com, then click “Login.”
- You will be routed to the basic Microsoft login page, where you can log in.
- Enter your email address (@hotmail.com) or one of the following email addresses in the new window: @live.com or @msn.com.
Then enter your password and click Next.
- You will then have access to your mailbox and will be able to receive and send emails as well as upload documents.
However, once you’ve switched from a Hotmail email address to an Outlook email address, you can’t go back.
Login Hotmail From Windows
The most frequently used operating system globally that certainly fits is “Windows,” which is why we must also discuss it in this post because the same method has a section for email by default if you are accessing this area for the first time, follow the steps below.
- Launch ‘Mail’ for Windows 10 and press the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Select the ‘+ Add account’ option.
- Select the “Outlook” option (In which Hotmail is included)
- Enter your Hotmail account information and click ‘Login.’
- advantage of Windows’ service.
Hotmail (Outlook) Mobile Application
Outlook.com (Hotmail) provides a mobile app that you can install on your Android or iOS smartphone. To access the Hotmail mobile application, follow the instructions below:
Download the Hotmail app from the appropriate store. iOS and Android
- After installing the app, launch it on your mobile device and sign up; if you don’t already have a Hotmail account, you can utilize your existing Hotmail account to receive your mailbox immediately on your mobile device.
- In the “Add account” area, enter your Outlook email address, then click “Continue.”
- Enter the password for your email account, then click “Login.”
- You may now view your inbox directly from the app on your phone.
When you add an Outlook or Hotmail account to the official app, it is recommended that you set notifications so that you are aware of all messages that arrive in your inbox. You can also access your email directly from your mobile phone by typing outlook.com into your selected browser.
Setting Up Hotmail Account.
Once your Hotmail account is available, you must configure it to receive email:
- Check your inbox
- In the upper right corner of the page, click “Options.”
- Choose “Other alternatives.”
- Navigate to “Manage Your Account” and select “Send and receive messages from other email accounts.”
- Select “You can receive mail from these accounts,” then select “Add an email account.”
- Select “Advanced Options” and provide the necessary information (address, username, Hotmail password, etc.).
- Uncheck the “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)” check box and make sure the port is 110.
- Choose “Leave a copy of the messages on the server” so you may view them in Outlook or other email software.
- Press the Continue button.”
- Indicate where you want mail sent to your email account to go.
- Select “Save.”
Forgot your Account Password?
You may have forgotten your Hotmail credentials if you are unable to log in. You can recover the password by following the instructions below:
- To begin, go to Reset Password.
- Select the cause for your inability to sign in and click Next.
- Enter the email address associated with your Microsoft account.
- Enter the characters shown on the screen and click Next.
- If you’ve added security information to your account, select whether the one-time code should be sent to your alternate email address or phone number.
- Then, on the following screen, type the code that appears and establish your new password.
If you were still unable to enter in Hotmail, your account may have been suspended.
To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to reset password to regain your account and reset your password.
- Enter your blocked account’s email address, followed by the characters shown on the screen, and then click Next.
- Then, to receive a text message, enter the code provided by the authenticator app or choose another verification option.
- These text messages may be sent from “MSFT,” a short number, or a mobile phone number. You may trust the incoming message if you requested a six-digit security code.
- If you don’t have or can’t access an alternate email address or phone number, choose I didn’t receive a code while signing in or I don’t have access to it when you reset the password and then follow the instructions.
- To complete the unlocking process, you must update your password after entering the security code.
- To keep your account secure, create a strong and unique password.
How to Stop Hotmail From Signing You In Automatically
Turn off automatic sign in if Outlook.com does it for you.
- Select your account image at the top of the screen in Outlook.com.
- Click Sign out.
- Navigate to the Outlook.com sign-in page and click the Sign in button.
- Enter your email address or phone number and press the Next button.
- On the Enter password page, check the box next to Keep me logged in.
- Type in your password and click Sign in.
Please keep in mind that your hotmail password is the same as your Microsoft Account password.
Troubleshoot your account’s login.
If Caps Lock is turned off if you’re experiencing trouble login into your account (passwords are case sensitive).
- Your email address is correctly spelled.
- Your account has not been dormant for more than 365 days. You must sign in to your Outlook.com account at least once every 365 days to keep it active. Your email will be erased after 365 days of inactivity and cannot be retrieved.
If you’re still having trouble signing in, you may need to:
- Check the Outlook.com service status
- Change your password. If you recently changed your password, try entering it again. If your previous password is still valid, you must lock your device before unlocking it with your new password.
- Disable automatic sign-in.
How to Stay Signed In
If you check the “Keep me signed in” box, you will not have to re-enter your address and password the next time you visit the site; they will be pre-registered, and you will not have to waste time inputting the information required for identification each time you connect. It also saves you the trouble of forgetting your password.
However, if you are connecting from a computer that is not yours or a public computer, you should not pre-register your username and password because the next person to login to Outlook will be led immediately. On your account, using your unique identifiers.
Hotmail Profile Picture
There is good news. Hotmail users can now link their photo to their Outlook.com profile at www.hotmail.com/. Goodbye grayish outmoded messages that have always symbolized you.
To fully benefit from this modification, you must undertake the following steps:
The first step in modifying your image is to navigate to your name at the upper right of the live.com page. live.com: Profile modification Click on “Edit profile,” then “Edit image.” live.com: Alter the image
A new page will display with the option ” Choose File “. This will allow you to choose which photographs to upload and resize them as desired. Remember to preserve this update for Hotmail synchronization.
Cannot Login to Hotmail.com
When the connection fails, you can click on the “I forgot my password” link, and hotmail.com will take you to a page with a series of questions about the connection fault you faced.
What should you do if your internet connection goes down?
You will then be taken to a page with three options:
- I lost my password;
- I know my password, but I can’t log in; and
- I believe someone else is using my Microsoft account.
As a result, you’ll have to check the appropriate box each time you click the ” Next ” button.
Hotmail Security Tips
Many account thefts are typically the result of carelessness when connecting into the Outlook service or any other service that needs inputting a password using the keyboard. That is why we will provide you with some recommendations to ensure that your account login is as safe as possible, avoiding the loss of your account so that it cannot be used by fraudulent people.
- Always verify that the address bar of your PC/Mobile browser where you enter your information is the genuine one:
Microsoft’s email administration must be accessed via the following official URLs: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com, msn.com, and with the subdomain login, record, or mail.
X .com (where “x” is one of the addresses referenced previously).
Check that the program’s location is one of them; if you see something strange like 1-outlook.com, halt! It’s possible that it’s a phishing attempt.
- Keep your antivirus software up to date and refreshed. Antivirus and antimalware software are essential for detecting malicious phishing attempts that collect sensitive data, such as passwords; keep them updated!
- Log out when finished if it is not your computer. Try not to leave your meeting dynamic on gadgets that don’t belong to you; others could see your email!
- Maintain a current password; Check visit our post on how to change your Hotmail password for assistance.
Central Point of Guide
By following the advice we just gave you, you can enjoy the free service provided by Microsoft without any hassle. Your account will be completely safe with them, and you will experience no inconvenience. Always strive to update your password every six months, and never reveal your security question or password credentials to anybody. Have fun browsing!
Obtains a UserID and/or Password Hotmail
Hotmail need NMU credentials to access the mail server and your information. It may be requesting your details because your saved password is incorrect. You’ll also need to update your password in Hotmail if you’ve just changed it. This is especially true if you receive a notification to “Enter Network Password.”
To confirm your password and that your profile is active, click the link Verify your Account.
To double-check your settings, follow these steps:
- Before you begin, make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the internet.
- On the ribbon, open the “File” section and click “Account Settings” to double-check your password.
- After selecting “Account Settings,” a drop-down menu appears, from which you must select “Account Settings” once more.
- A window titled “Account Settings” should open. Click the @nmu.edu email address twice.
- A window titled “Change Account” should now open. Check that all of the setups are identical to the image below, but with the NMU UserID and password. Clear your password and re-enter it carefully.
- In the bottom right corner, click “More Settings.”
- Select the “Outgoing Server” tab and double-check that the parameters match those listed below.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and double-check the following options:
Hotmail SMTP configuration
- 995:Incoming Server (POP3)
- Make sure “This server needs a secure link (SSL)” is selected.
- 587:The outgoing server.
- Use the following encrypted connection method: TLS
- Click “Ok” and then “Next” in the “Change Account” window.
- When you click next, a popup called “Test Account Settings” will appear. If all of the information was correctly entered, the status should be completed.
- Close and reopen Outlook to ensure that it is working properly.
Individuals can use Hotmail as a standalone software, however organizations can utilize it as a multi-user application (through SharePoint or Microsoft Exchange Server) to handle mailboxes, folders, calendars, data aggregation (via SharePoint lists), and appointment scheduling. Microsoft offers applications for iOS, Android, and other mobile platforms. Furthermore, virtually all Outlook data from Windows Phone devices may be synchronized to Outlook Mobile. Using Microsoft Visual Studio, developers may also design custom software that interacts with Outlook and Office components.
In addition to the features released the previous month, Microsoft announced the release of numerous more features in March 2020 to appeal to business clients of its Teams platform.
The chat & collaboration module now has more integrated and efficient waypoints designed to make group work easier for businesses and encourage them to choose the Microsoft platform as their primary chat platform.
Alternatives to Hotmail
When Hotmail reached its end-of-life, many customers simply switched to Outlook. According to Litmus, an email marketing automation company, Gmail had 30% of the email client market in January 2022. But email is more than simply gmail.com.
Here are several full-featured alternatives to consider.
Zoho Mail’s package integrates secure email, contact management, tasks, notes, and a calendar in an one dashboard.
Zoho Mail is available in consumer and commercial editions, and can be accessed via web browsers as well as iOS and Android apps.
End-to-end encryption and stringent user authentication processes are used by ProtonMail to secure its users’ emails. ProtonMail’s email is accessible to both individuals and organizations via web browsers and mobile apps, and it includes safe storage and a calendar.
The Mozilla Foundation provides an email client called Thunderbird. Thunderbird, an open-source email, calendar, newsfeed, and chat client, is built on an open-source code base.
Can I continue to use Hotmail in place of Outlook?
Don’t worry if you still have a Hotmail account; it will remain unchanged and functional.
To switch from Hotmail to Outlook.com, sign in to your Hotmail account, click Options, and then select “Free Upgrade to Outlook.com.” The website for your Hotmail account should change to the white Outlook.com page.
Is Hotmail the same as Outlook?
Hotmail, like Outlook, is a well-known email service. They are fundamentally different, but Hotmail subscribers have already been transferred to Outlook.com, so you will be forwarded to Outlook.com when you access Hotmail.com.
Are Hotmail accounts still available?
Hotmail was renamed Outlook several years ago. Hotmail is no longer a service provider. As a result, Gmail wins by default.
How do I find my Hotmail password?
Microsoft has a recovery facility at https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx that you can use to regain access to your Hotmail account.
Along the route, you may be prompted to enter the answers to previously defined security questions or to submit account information to authenticate your identity.
Is the Hotmail password the same as the Microsoft password?
Yes. Microsoft Account email domains include Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, and MSN. When accessing Microsoft services/subscriptions, you will use the same password.
Hotmail is a free email service provided by Microsoft that has been renamed as Outlook and includes a number of extra online tools and features. Hotmail allows you to check your email from any computer with an Internet connection.
You may now quickly do Hotmail sign up, as well as password recovery, forgot password, and Hotmail login, by following this guide. You may have noticed that logging in to Hotmail in Outlook is a really straightforward process. All you need to remember is your Hotmail email address and password. If you haven’t used it in a long time, it can get complicated. However, you may easily recover your password by following the steps outlined below.