Set up Hotmail filters for spam and many more
Windows Live Hotmail may automatically place incoming email messages in designated folders to help you arrange them.
Microsoft’s free web-based email service, Windows Live Hotmail, was designed to be accessed from any computer connected to the internet. In 2013, Microsoft rebranded Hotmail as Outlook.com, with a new user interface and enhanced features.
Check These Articles Out >>>
- Hotmail Sign Up: How to Create A New Hotmail Email Account
- Growth Hacking For Startups | Hotmail “Ps: I Love You | Get Your Free Email At Hotmail
- Microsoft Account: What Does Microsoft Account Mean?
Microsoft’s email service is now officially known as Outlook. Outlook.com allows users with Hotmail email addresses to retrieve their messages. To log in through that link, use regular Hotmail email address.
Use rules to automatically file incoming mail.
How to Set Up an Incoming Mail Filter in Outlook.com for Windows Live Hotmail
1. Log in to your Live or Hotmail email account at Outlook.com.
2. Choose View All Outlook Settings from the bottom of the Settings pane by selecting the Settings gear symbol in the upper-right corner of the window.
3. In the left pane, choose Mail, and then Rules.
4. Select Add New Rule from the drop-down menu.
5. Give the new rule a name, such as the name of the folder where messages that fulfil the conditions should be filed.
6. Choose a criterion, such as From or Includes Subject. Enter the condition’s information, such as the sender’s name or the term in the subject that you want to filter messages by.
By selecting Add a condition, you can add more conditions.
7. Choose Move to and select the folder where you wish to store filtered messages in the Add an action list.
8. Check the box that says “Stop processing more rules.” To create your rule and begin filtering email messages, select Save.
Windows Live Hotmail ~ Filter Email from the Inbox Automatically
Create a new rule that moves all email messages from a specified sender to a folder directly from the inbox.
1. Create a rule by right-clicking a suitable email in your message list.
2. Select the folder where all messages from that sender will be saved.
3. Select OK and then choose OK again.
Go to Settings > View all Outlook Settings > Mail > Rules to view, edit, or delete rules in your Outlook.com account
Windows Live Hotmail ~ How can I log into my Hotmail account?
- Sign in to Hotmail or Outlook.com
Select Sign in from the Outlook.com sign-in screen. Select Next after entering your email address or phone number. Enter your password and click Sign in on the following screen.
Windows Live Hotmail ~ What is the procedure for logging into Windows Live Mail?
Open Windows Live Mail on your computer. Select Accounts > Email from the drop-down menu. Select the Manually configure server settings checkbox after entering your email address and password. Next should be clicked.
Windows Live Hotmail ~ Access from Windows Live Mail
- Server type. …
- Server address. …
- Requires a secure connection (SSL/TLS). …
- Port. …
- Authenticate using. …
- Logon user name
Windows Live Hotmail ~ Is it still possible to use Windows Live Mail?
Microsoft indicated that the DeltaSync protocol would be phased out of Outlook.com’s support for Windows Live Mail in 2016. The Mail app (included with Windows 10 and available in the Windows Store) has been positioned as a substitute.
Why is Microsoft mail not working?
An outdated or corrupted program is one of the possible causes of this problem. This could potentially be the result of a server-related problem. We recommend that you follow these steps to troubleshoot your Mail app issue: Make sure your device’s date and time settings are correct.
Is there a difference between Outlook and Windows Live Mail?
Outlook.com and Live Mail are practically the same thing. If you use the same Microsoft ID to log into http://mail.live.com/ or http://www.outlook.com/, you should see the same inbox, although maybe with a different user interface.