Spotify Premium is the premium version of Spotify. Spotify is a digital service that allows you to listen to music, watch videos, and listen to podcasts. When you join the platform, you receive access to a plethora of content from creators all around the world.
When you upgrade to Spotify Premium, you enjoy better sound and no ads. Furthermore, with Premium, you can download podcasts and music to add to your library.
Spotify is available on a wide range of devices, including phones, desktops, tablets, TVs, speakers, and even cars. While Spotify includes a free version, the subscription version provides a more personalized experience. Discover how much Spotify Premium costs.
Spotify Premium Features
To be clear, every Premium account on Spotify has the following features:
- Ad-free music playback
- Offline play
- Unlimited skips
All of the plans also provide one-month free trials, allowing you to experience the benefits of Spotify Premium without spending any money.
How Sign up for a Spotify Premium Account
It is simple to create a Spotify Family account. If you currently have a Spotify Premium account, switching to a Spotify Family account is simple. To create a Spotify Account, go to the signup page on Spotify’s website. You can establish a profile using either your email address or your Facebook account. You can sign up for a Premium account by heading to your account page, clicking “Get Started,” and providing your payment information.
Create a Family Account by going to spotify.com/family or choosing Premium for Family in the sidebar.
Add a New User
It’s simple to add family members to your Spotify Family Account once you’ve created one.
- To begin, navigate to your Account and select “Manage Your Family Accounts.”
- Select “Go.” Your Family Account will have four accessible spaces.
- Enter your family members’ email addresses and send them an invite, or manually email them a direct link to register provided by Spotify.
- Your family members will be notified through email of their invitation.
- They must click the Accept Invitation button in the email.
- Click Create an Account, then Redeem.
Spotify Premium now allows your entire family to listen to their own music.
How to Upgrade to Spotify Premium
There are several subscription options available, based on how many people will be using the service and whether or not you are a student.
Also, keep in mind that you can no longer change your plan through the Spotify mobile app, so you’ll need to visit the Spotify website to make any changes.
Whether you’re a new or existing user, these are the steps you’ll need to do if you want to upgrade to Premium.
- Go to the Spotify website and sign in.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click your profile photo.
- From the drop-down option, select ‘Account.’
- A new tab will appear; from the side menu, select ‘Available plans.’
- Select the new plan you wish to subscribe to by clicking the ‘Select’ button. 6. Click the ‘Change plan’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Depending on your previous plan, a page will appear asking for your credit card information. To complete the process, fill out this form and click ‘Confirm Payment.’
Redeem Your Spotify Gift Card.
Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on spotify.com (not the app).
Redeeming your Spotify gift card is the same in all countries, however your region or country’s account settings must correspond to where you acquired the card. Users of gift cards should be aware that in order to redeem a gift card, the Spotify account currency must match the currency on the gift card.
The steps for redeeming a Spotify gift card are as follows:
- Go to spotify.com and sign in at spotify.com/redeem.
- If you do not already have an account, you may need to establish one.
- Scratch off the layer on the PIN on the back of the card.
- Enter the PIN or code from your receipt in the column given.
You may redeem your gift card on spotify.com in just five simple steps. However, redeeming an eGift card differs somewhat from that of a digital gift card.
The steps for redeeming a Spotify eGift card are as follows:
- Go to spotify.com/redeem
- Log in or establish a Spotify account if you don’t already have one;
- Enter the card number and other details; and
- Click enter code to transfer the complete monetary amount of your eGift card to your Spotify account.
Spotify gift card users can only use their account to redeem up to 18 months of premium subscription at a time. Only gift cards that have already been activated can be redeemed on spotify.com.
If you bought your card in a store and it hasn’t been activated yet, you may need to return to the store and ask them to activate it for you. If your card does not work after 24 hours of activation or you are having difficulty reading the code, please contact Spotify support.
How Much Does Spotify Premium Cost?
Spotify has four Premium options to choose from.
Individual Plan: $9.99/Month
When you choose the individual Premium version, you will receive:
- Access to more than 70 million ad-free songs
- Improved streaming quality
- The ability to save video, music, and podcasts to your phone or other devices
- The option to download Spotify Radio Artist, Album, or Song Radios
- To save your tracks for offline use
With a Premium subscription, there are no restrictions on traveling abroad with your music, and there are no restrictions on mobile apps.
Spotify Duo: $12.99/month
Spotify Duo allows you to share Spotify access with someone you live with, such as a family member, spouse, or friend. Both Spotify users have their own Spotify dashboards, as well as a Duo Mix that mixes their tastes. You can also share and edit a playlist that each member can manage.
Spotify Family Plan: $15.99/month
This is the strategy if you want to stream Spotify as a family.
The Spotify Family plan allows up to six people living under the same roof to share a single membership and each have their own account. The plan also features a Family Mix joint playlist and Spotify Kids for youngsters, as well as streamlined, effective parental control choices.
Spotify Student: $4.99/month
Spotify Premium is available to students for $4.99 a month.
Re-register as a student each year to remain Premium Student for up to four years and obtain access to Hulu and SHOWTIME’s ad-supported plans.
Can You Get a Discount on Spotify?
When you join up for Spotify Premium, you will receive up to one month of free access – possibly more if a promotional deal is available.
As part of their marketing campaign, Spotify frequently offers promotions. Spotify collaborates with mobile and internet service providers, among others, to offer unique packages to help you save money on the service. While these collaboration agreements evolve over time, they frequently include:
- AT&T: If you’re an AT&T user with the Unlimited &More plan, you can get Spotify Premium content for free. If you do not have the Unlimited plan, you will also receive a six-month trial. However, you must check your AT&T account to determine your eligibility.
- Xbox: As part of an agreement with Xbox, fans can get six months of Spotify Premium for free when they join up for Game Pass Ultimate. Those who already have a Spotify account can take advantage of the offer.
- Chase: If you have a Chase credit card, you can obtain a free six-month subscription to Spotify Premium if you’re new to the site. It should be noted that the offer is limited to specific cards, thus the choice may not be available to all.
- Starbucks: Starbucks provides free Spotify Premium accounts to their employees.
Keep an eye out for more opportunities to take advantage of.
Is the Spotify Premium Plan Worth it?
Choosing between the Spotify Free and Premium editions can be difficult. Many other firms, like as Apple Music, provide similar services, and you may be thinking whether you should pay for Spotify’s premium version.
Spotify Premium Subscription
Spotify makes it simple to find the appropriate music for any occasion—on your phone, computer, tablet, and more.
Sign up for a free Spotify Premium subscription to access millions of music tracks.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription
Depending on how you signed up, you can cancel a Spotify Premium subscription using the Spotify website or your Apple ID subscriptions.
The desktop and mobile apps of Spotify do not allow you to cancel your membership.
Spotify Premium subscriptions cannot be cancelled using the mobile or desktop apps. If you subscribed to Spotify using your Apple ID, you can cancel your subscription via the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Cancel Your Spotify Premium on a Web Browser
If you signed up for a Premium subscription through Spotify directly, you must cancel your plan through Spotify’s website. You cannot cancel a subscription using the mobile or desktop apps.
- Open the Spotify website on your iPhone, Android phone, or computer and navigate to your account page.
- Access your account. Tap the three horizontal lines symbol in the top-right corner of a mobile web browser and select Log In. Click Log In in the top-right corner of the page on a desktop web browser.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Account page. On mobile, tap the three horizontal lines symbol in the top-right area and choose Account from the drop-down menu.
On the desktop, click Profile in the upper-right corner and then Account from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the section Your plan and tap or click Change Plan.
- Scroll down to the Spotify Free area on the following page and hit or click Cancel Premium.
- The following page will explain what you would lose if you cancel your Premium subscription. To cancel, click Continue at the bottom. Then, on the next screen, click Continue to cancel once more.
- Then, to confirm your cancellation, click Yes, cancel. After that, you’ll be restored to a Spotify Free account.
How Can I Cancel Spotify Premium ViaApple ID?
If you subscribed through the Apple App Store, you can cancel your Spotify Premium subscription through the Apple ID settings on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- At the top of the Settings tab, tap your name and Apple ID.
- At the top of the Settings screen, click your name.
- Tap Subscriptions on the Apple ID page.
- Locate and pick Spotify from your list of subscriptions.
- On the Spotify page, click Cancel Subscription.
Spotify Premium vs. Spotify Free
If you only care about the music and don’t mind the obnoxious commercials or the audio quality, you can opt for the Spotify Free plan.
That is sufficient. Choose the premium plan unless you don’t want to sacrifice on sound quality. Aside from better sound quality, the premium Spotify plan includes a slew of extras like offline support, Spotify Connect, and more. Let’s take a closer look at the distinctions between them.
The first and most obvious distinction between the Spotify Free and Premium plans is the price. While Spotify Free, as the name implies, is completely free for everyone, Spotify Premium will set you back $9.99 each month. Students will receive a 50% discount on the premium plan, bringing the subscription price down to $4.99. The premium subscription would provide unrestricted access to over 30 million songs.
Users can also test the premium plan for free for one month before enrolling.
If you choose the Spotify Free plan, you can access and listen to millions of songs in the Spotify Catalog, but be prepared to be interrupted by intrusive advertising. A small advertisement or two will be broadcast after every one or two tracks, interrupting your flow and disrupting your listening experience. Spotify Premium, on the other hand, allows you to listen to music without interruptions by removing all advertisements from the tracks, regardless of device.
Some tracks will not even play under the free plan, and you will be limited to listening to music in Shuffle mode or pre-made playlists when using the mobile app (both iOS and Android). However, you may have a hassle-free listening experience with access to millions of tunes and playlists by using the desktop and browser interfaces. Premium, on the other hand, gives you unrestricted access to millions of music, which means you may listen to any song or playlist at any time, whether you’re using the mobile app or the desktop interface.
The sound quality also varies greatly between the two Spotify plans, which has an impact on the whole listening experience.
Spotify often employs three different sound quality settings for Ogg Vorbis audio streaming. The standard bitrate for mobile devices is 96 kbps, which increases to 160 kbps for desktop and web interfaces’standard’ and ‘high quality’ for mobile. If you choose the Premium subscription plan, you will receive ‘high quality’ (320 kbps) for desktop users and ‘extreme quality’ for mobile users. Premium subscribers will automatically enjoy a better listening experience with improved sound quality.
Offline access is another significant distinction between the free and premium plans. To listen to music on the free plan, you must always be online, and you cannot download tunes to play offline.
Spotify Premium, on the other hand, allows you to sync or download up to 3,333 tracks across all three devices. You can download any album or playlist in any quality for offline listening.
What Kind of Accounts Can You Have on Spotify?
The Free version
Spotify Spotify generates revenue by selling premium streaming subscriptions to users and advertising placements to third parties, therefore the free model is the most limiting.
Users do not have to pay to stream music in the free version. They must, however, accept the interruption of adverts when listening to songs on Spotify.
Additionally, users may only choose shuffle play to stream music and are not permitted to skip while listening, nor can they listen offline and play any tune they wish.
The more comfortable alternative because it removes the limitations of the free version. Users can enjoy high-quality audio, unlimited mobile usage, and offline and online playlist access. There are numerous versions of Spotify Premium:
- Spotify Premium Student: Students can also get a discount on Premium access.
- Spotify Premium Duo: Spotify Duo allows two users who live together to receive two premium accounts for the price of one.
- Spotify Premium Family: The premium family option allows up to six people living under the same roof to split costs while maintaining separate accounts.
How Can I Get a Free Spotify Premium Account?
Legal Methods You Can Get a Spotify Premium Account for Free
- Take out a loan.
- Request a Spotify Premium Gift Card.
- Sign up for a free one-month trial of Spotify Premium.
- Purchase a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone or Tablet.
- Purchase an AT&T subscription.
- Pay using PayPal.
- Purchase an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- Work for Starbucks.
How much does Spotify Premium cost in the United Kingdom?
Upgrading from the free to Premium tier presently costs £9.99 per month. Adverts are removed from the listening experience, and music may be downloaded and played offline on devices like as smartphones and tablets.
Furthermore, unlike the free tier of Spotify, where a playlist can be set but individual tracks cannot, music can be played as the consumer wants; the business refers to this Premium feature as “on-demand playback.”
Spotify is now running a promotion in which new Premium members can get their first three months free before paying £9.99 for future months. You’ll be invoiced on a rolling monthly basis, so you can cancel at any time, with the service ending on the user’s next scheduled paying date.
Spotify Duo is designed for couples that live together and wish to share the same Spotify account (but listen to different music at the same time).
This costs £13.99 per month, which is £6 less than the two persons paying for their own accounts. Duo includes all of the same features as a regular Premium subscription, including as ad-free listening, downloading, and on-demand streaming.
Above this, a Family account costs £16.99 a month and allows up to six people living in the same house to listen to their own music at the same time. The Family account also has a mechanism for limiting explicit content, which can be useful for parents who want to manage what their children listen to, and there’s a separate app for kids called Spotify Kids.
Finally, students can purchase a Spotify Student subscription for £5.99 per month, which is available to students already enrolled in university or another authorized higher education institution. This works exactly like a standard Premium account and can be renewed for up to three years, which is the average length of a degree programme.
How much does Spotify Premium cost in the United States?
While Premium is priced at £9.99 and $9.99 respectively, the other tiers are converted slightly differently.
In the United States, Spotify Duo costs $12.99 per month, Family costs $15.99 per month, and Student costs $4.99 per month. All of these come with a one-month free trial.
They do, however, function in the same way as the UK price tiers indicated above. Except for Spotify Student, which offers access to an ad-supported Hulu plan and the Showtime streaming service, which are both inaccessible in the UK.
How many devices may use Spotify Premium at the same time?
There is only one. Only the Duo and Family memberships allow numerous devices to stream music at the same time. If a Premium user is streaming music on their phone, for example, and someone else enters into the account and begins a playlist on their laptop, the first person’s music will be interrupted.
Music can, however, be played from many speakers at the same time, as long as they are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network and are compatible with Spotify Connect.
They will then appear in the Spotify app, where they may be grouped and asked to play the same content at the same time.
What happens if I cancel my Spotify Premium subscription?
It’s simple to cancel a Spotify Premium subscription if you wish to reduce your monthly spending. The good news is that doing so does not result in the deletion of your Spotify account.
All of your playlists will remain, but you won’t be able to play music offline (or download any more), there will be advertisements every few tracks, and you won’t be able to play on-demand. You can still create a playlist, but when you return to the free tier, you can’t pick and play tracks at random.
Try the sites below for the most recent TV deals and other gadget deals:
- AO discount codes
- Very discount codes
If you enjoy music and don’t mind giving Spotify additional power, the free version might be for you. The free plan also includes access to over 50 million music and podcasts. Furthermore, whether you pay for a Premium membership or not, you will have access to Spotify’s discovery and curation services.
However, if you want to hear the most recent songs, fully control your playback, and save music to listen to offline, Spotify Premium is the way to go. The Premium package also provides higher sound quality and eliminates the need to deal with advertisements.