Facebook is synonymous with relationships and now it’s in the online dating game!
Online Facebook dating makes it easier to find love through what you like – helping you start meaningful relationships through things you have in common, like interests, events, and groups,” reads the first line of the press release.
If you do not have a Facebook account and would like to open one, please read: Welcome to Facebook: Create New Account | Log In
Facebook Dating begins openly testing its online-dating products in Columbia.
Online dating is free and doesn’t include any advertising, and the company says it never will.
However, it does pull users back into Facebook’s network, creating a new and very persuasive reason for people-particularly young people-to use an app they may have discarded.
Currently, Facebook users in the United States can formally use the social network as a dating service, thorough with studied profiles, a matchmaking algorithm, and more.
Facebook Dating app gives users ages 18 and up access to a set of features aimed at helping them in finding a meaningful relationship.
Many of them are conversant with other dating apps – Tinder, Hinge OKCupid, and Bumble, etc.
Online Facebook Dating Interface and Profiles
Facebook Dating’s interface looks like Facebook. Besides, it’s just one part of the same Facebook mobile app.
Facebook Dating Key Features
Facebook Dating exciting new feature builds upon a deep-rooted safety practice for online dating.
- Secret Crush lets you match with people you already know on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- You can now add your Instagram posts to your profile in Facebook Dating.
- To decide on events and groups to see people with similar interests but, remember, you will also be visible to them.
- You can share details of date – with your live location – via a friend on Facebook Messenger, to ensure you feel safer on a date.
Furthermore, do you want to know how to score a date using this new service? Here’s what you need to know
Getting Started With Dating – How Facebook Dating Works
Many dating apps give you the choice of setting up an account through Facebook but Facebook dating is not a separate app, it’s built into the site.
Interestingly, the Facebook Dating app is already Facebook. You don’t download it as a standalone app. For now, there’s no desktop version.
Though your Dating profile is detached, the dating section grabs some of your information from your other profile.
How to Set Up Your Facebook Dating Profile
- Firstly, go to the Facebook app, Update the Facebook iOS or Android app to make sure you’re running the latest version of the app.
- Then, click on the menu icon in the upper right side of the screen and tap on Dating.
- Secondly, if you don’t see the Dating option, you’ll probably need to tap the See More option.
- Then, you’ll be taken to the dating section of Facebook.
- Thirdly, tap on getting started and follow the on-screen directions for setting up a profile.
- After that, fill in personal details about yourself, like height, religion, job title, degrees and education, and whether you have children, etc.
- Plus, Facebook may also recommend photos and information from your Facebook profile, which you can edit or remove when creating your dating profile.
- From there, Facebook will spontaneously generate a dating profile for you by scanning your non-dating profile.
- Lastly, adjust the profile to suit you, when you’re satisfied, click done.
Finding an Online Facebook Dating Match
At this moment, Facebook will start sending you matches based on your preferences, interests and other things you do on Facebook
This process can take several days but don’t worry; Facebook won’t suggest your current Facebook friends.
Facebook Dating Safety tips
No one will see your dating stuff outside of the dating section of Facebook.
Contacting an Online Facebook Dating Match
If you see someone you are interested in, there is no swiping involved, just directly comment on their Facebook dating profile or click on the like button to let them know.
Starting a Conversation with an Online Facebook Dating Match
To start up a conversation with one of your matches:
- Firstly, click on their profile photo, and then the choice to type a message will appear.
- Secondly, when you’re done typing a sharp introduction, then, click the arrow icon to send the message.
- Lastly, messages can be read by clicking the Conversations button at the top of the feed screen.
What is a Secret Crush list?
Secret Crush allows you to match with people you know already on Facebook and Instagram.
How Secret Crush Works
- Firstly, you can choose up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers to add to your Secret Crush list.
- After that, those people will then get a notification saying someone has a crush on them.
- Lastly, if your crush adds you to their Secret Crush list, then it’s a match.
Facebook Dating Availability
In addition to the US, Facebook Dating is currently available in 19 other countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam. Europeans gain access to the service early 2020
For further information, visit facebook.com/dating.
Anyone you meet on Facebook Dating is also on Facebook.
Nevertheless, if things go well enough, you and your match can increase your communication choices
This can be done by manually moving over to Messenger, which does offer video chats if you both want to be virtually visible to each other.