Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Subscribers receive software updates more frequently than those who buy Office outright, giving them access to the most recent features, security updates, and bug fixes.
However, it can be challenging to stay on top of the changes in each update and be aware of when they’re accessible.
You don’t have to do this; we will take care of it for you.
Microsoft’s productivity suite, Office 365, includes Word, Exchange, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and other applications.
Office 365 is cloud-based, so anyone with an internet connection may access the full feature set from any location and on any device.
What is an Office 365 admin Portal?
Administrators can manage user accounts and configuration options for the Office 365 subscription services, such as Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, through the web-based Microsoft Office 365 Admin Center.
Office 365 Features
The features of Office 365 change significantly based on the subscription package.
Microsoft created subscription programmes for both individual users and business IT, as well as everything in between.
Some of the more popular Office 365 features are listed below:
- Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Skype for Business, Access)
- Exchange Online (email, calendar, tasks)
- SharePoint Online (web portal for collaboration)
- Yammer (enterprise social networking)
- OneDrive for Work (cloud file storage)
- Planner (project management)
- Power BI (business intelligence)
- Delve (social document discovery)
- Video (a private video library)
- Sway (a tool for creating reports, presentations and newsletters)
What is the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016?
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote are all part of the Microsoft Office 2016 suite of office programmes.
Additional Office programmes like Outlook, Publisher, and Access are included in different suites.
Office 2016 is available in a variety of editions from Microsoft, including Home and Student, Home and Business, and Professional.
Depending on the suite, Microsoft includes a different set of programmes in each edition of Office 2016.
Office 365, in contrast, is a subscription service with a wide range of options.
Some of these packages resemble the Office 2016 suites almost exactly, but members pay a monthly or yearly price as opposed to buying the software license up front.
Office applications are included in some Office 365 subscriptions that are targeted towards consumers or professionals, while server-side software like Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint Online is included in subscriptions that are targeted at IT organizations.
Benefits of Office 365
Office 365 is a need for any business because its products mesh effortlessly and compliment one another.
Here are Office 365’s benefits
Access Files Anywhere
Your organization may save all of its information in the cloud thanks to Office 365.
They can thus be accessible from any location with an internet connection and on any device.
Being able to access all the apps and files you require when away from the office is important for organisations where mobile working is vital.
Secure Cloud Storage
Office 365 is a completely safe environment with strong security controls in place, such as two-factor authentication, which makes sure unauthorized users can’t access your files even if they somehow manage to get on your device.
Security risks are quickly recognised and eliminated thanks to threat detection and anti-malware, which is crucial for businesses dealing with sensitive data or information.
By utilising Office 365, your company may conduct business without worrying about security.
Office 365 is subscriber-style paid for on a per-user, per-month basis.
The degree of functionality you select for your business will determine the cost of your licences.
The cost of each licence is determined by the various enterprise levels, which contain various applications and products.
Paying per user, per month, provides a predictable outgoing and allows you to budget your IT cost for the coming year.
Upgrades are included in the price of your licences, so there are no hidden fees. If you purchase your licences through Core, you can adjust the number of licences you have at any time, for example, if you employ or individuals depart. This ensures that you are never over-licensed and that there is no waste.
With files kept in the cloud and frequently backed up, your company may continue to operate normally in the event of an office tragedy.
Your email, files, and data are safely kept in the cloud regardless of what happens to your physical devices.
Exchange also provides recovery tools that allow individual emails or entire inboxes to be recovered if necessary. If you use Office 365, you may conduct business as usual regardless of the circumstances.
Other advantages include:
• Better Communication
• Upgrading automatically
• Collaboration is centralised
Office 365 Login
- Visit Microsoft.com. To access your Office 365 account, go to https://login.microsoft.com.
- Enter Your Organizational Account and press the “Next” button.
- Enter Your Password: Enter your current password and then click “Sign in.”
Download Office 365
Sign in to get Office.
1. Go to www.office.com and, if you haven’t already, sign in.
2. Sign in with the account you used to install this version of Office.
3. Select Install Office programmes from the Office home page.
This starts the Office download. To finish the installation, simply follow the steps on your screen.
Install Office 365 Home Edition.
Install Office on your PC after purchasing a Microsoft 365 subscription.
1. Log in to the computer on which you want to install Office.
2. Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Microsoft 365 gateway page.
3. Choose Install Office.
4. Select Install Office from the Microsoft 365 Home web page.
5. Choose Install from the Download and install Microsoft 365 Home screen.
6. Depending on your web browser, you may be prompted to Run or Save the downloaded file. Choose Run.
7. Office prepares everything before installing the Office programmes.
8. Once the installation is complete, Office may urge you to input an email address or phone number in order to receive a download link for the Office mobile apps.
Activate Microsoft 365 for Home
After installing Office, activate your subscription.
To enable Office:
1. Launch one of the Office programmes, such as Word.
2. Sign in with your Microsoft email address and password.
3. Click Accept on the Accept the licencing agreement screen.
4. The Office software launches, and you can begin creating Office documents and spreadsheets.
Install Office 365 on Another Device
Your Office subscription can be installed on as many devices as you desire.
You can sign in to Office on up to five devices at the same time.
To install Office on another computer, sign in to your Microsoft account on the machine where you wish to install Office. Select Install Office from the Office portal page.
Use the smartphone or tablet on which you wish to install Office to install Office. Then, go to Google Play, the Apple App Store, or the Windows Store to download the programmes.
How to sign in to Outlook on the web
To sign in to Outlook on the web using your Microsoft 365 work or school account:
1. Navigate to the Office 365 sign-in page or outlook.office.com.
2. Enter your account’s email address and password.
3. Click Sign in.
Note: To sign in to Office365 with a different account, choose Use another account the next time you sign in.
If you’re accessing Office 365 via 21Vianet (in China):
Navigate to the 21Vianet Office 365 sign-in page.
What is the difference between Microsoft Office and Office 365?
Microsoft Office is a collection of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
On the other hand, the Microsoft 365 package includes all of those programmes as well as a few more.
As a result, one may say that Microsoft 365 comes with Microsoft Office.
Microsoft 365 is a paid subscription service. When you choose it, you can pay for your subscription monthly or buy a yearly plan all at once.
You also receive more online storage and cloud-connected tools that allow you to collaborate on files in real time.
Microsoft Office is marketed as a stand-alone software package. You pay a one-time fee and have unlimited access to the product.
It appears to be a safe bet for clients who are unwilling to use the cloud service. You buy it once and are done with it unless you purchase another edition.
You receive security updates, but no major feature changes are provided to you. Microsoft 365, on the other hand, is regularly updated and provides you with all of the most recent features.
Microsoft Office 2019 is the most recent version of the standalone Office productivity package from Microsoft.
Set up an Office 365 Trial
1. In a web browser, enter https://www.office.com in the address bar.
2. On the Office Online screen, choose ‘Products,’ then choose ‘Enterprise’ from the dropdown menu. You’ll be taken to the Compare plans page now.
3. Under the ‘Office 365 Enterprise E5’ option, click the ‘Try for free’ button.
4. Enter your email address from work or school. This is to see if you need to create a new Office 365 account. If you already have an account, you will be prompted to sign in or create a new one.
5. Enter your name, phone number, and business name. Choose the number of employees in your organisation.
This has no bearing on the features you will have access to because you chose your subscription package.
Choose your country.
6. Microsoft now wants to confirm your identity. Select if you want an automated call or a text message.
7. Enter the verification code from the call or message.
8. Type in a user name. It should be noted that this name cannot be altered afterwards.
You can add more users, but they will all have the domain you choose here, unless you establish another account with a different domain.
9. Enter a password and check or uncheck boxes to specify whether and how you want Microsoft to contact you.
10. The trial account has now been created. It may take up to 15 minutes for SharePoint to be configured, but even if not all services have been configured, you can install Office desktop programmes and add users to the new tenant.
Office 365 Offers
Use apps to create, communicate, and share everywhere you go to be more productive:
• Use smart help capabilities in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create high-quality reports, essays, and class presentations.
• With 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage, you can save up to 500,000 photos* and files (*assuming 2 MB file size).
• Outlook provides an ad-free email and calendar experience.
A Quick Overview of Office 365 Licenses
Subscriptions are required for all Office licences. It works in the same way that cell phone licences do.
You can use them for as long as you like and pay for them as you go.
To cut a long tale short, you can purchase Office 365 through a variety of licence programmes, including:
- Enterprise Contract
- WebDirection (Microsoft Online Subscription Program or MOSP)
- Provider of Cloud Solutions
Remember that selecting the right agreement is about more than just the suitable licence and payment conditions.
It’s also about getting more money for your cloud implementation. Funds such as the Digital Partner of Record or Office 365 adoption funds are available.
We won’t go into detail about them here, but do contact us if you have any questions.
Office 365 licences are classified into three types:
- Business plans – 300 users maximum
- Enterprise plans – no user or feature restrictions
- Frontline worker plan – necessary for mobile or remote staff.
How do I set up SharePoint Office 365?
Make a SharePoint site.
1. On the SharePoint start page, click + Create site.
2. Within the wizard: Choose whether you want to make a Team site or a Communication site. Enter the site’s name (and optionally a description). You can choose Edit….
3. Fill in the owners and members in the following window.
4. Click Finish.
Is Office 365 download free available?
Anyone can sign up for a free one-month trial of Microsoft 365.
However, you must provide your credit card information, and if you do not cancel by the end of the month, you will be charged $100 for a one-year subscription to Microsoft 365 Family (formerly called Office 365 Home).
Is there an app for Office 365?
To download and utilise the Office 365 app for your Android phone, follow these steps. View, edit, and share Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, as well as create Word and Excel documents, with the Office Mobile app. Android 4.0 or later is required.
Is there an app for Office 365?
No, Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) are not synonymous.
Although they both provide the same set of tools, Microsoft Office does not provide the same amenities as the Microsoft 365 suite. Aside from the pricing, there are numerous differences in the features.
What is Office 365 called now?
Microsoft 365 Personal replaces Office 365 Personal. Microsoft 365 Family replaces Office 365 Home.
Microsoft 365 Business Basic replaces Office 365 Business Essentials.
How long is the Office 365 free trial?
A free Office 365 trial is a hands-on approach to see how well you or your team can work with Microsoft Office.
It provides you with free premium access to a comprehensive range of apps and services, but it only lasts one month.
What happens when Office 365 trial expires?
When your trial period expires, you will no longer be able to use Microsoft 365 for free. You have several options: Purchase Microsoft 365. When your trial ends, it enters the Expired stage, offering you an additional 30 days (for most trials, in most countries and regions) to purchase Microsoft 365.
Is Microsoft Office 365 a license?
Microsoft 365 products are licenced on a per-user basis and are accessible as user subscription licences (USLs).
What is Office 365 version?
Select Account from any Office application, such as Word or Excel.
Your Office product name and, in some situations, the entire version number can be found under Product Information.
Name of the product, such as Office 365 ProPlus or Office Home and Student.
How do I find my SMTP Office 365 server?
See Sign in to Outlook Web App for further information. Select Settings > Mail > POP and IMAP from the toolbar in Outlook Web App.
The POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server names, as well as any additional settings required, are presented on the POP and IMAP settings page.
Office 365 Price – How much does it cost to get Microsoft 365?
The following are the prices for the new Microsoft 365 subscriptions for consumers and small businesses: Microsoft 365 Personal is available for $6.99 per month or $69.99 annually.
Microsoft 365 Family, which serves “families and households of up to six people,” costs $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
What is E3 license office365?
Office 365 E3 is a cloud-based suite of productivity tools and services that includes data protection and compliance features. Per user, install Office for mobile on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five phones.
How do I update my Office 365 status?
Choose your profile photo towards the top. Choose your current status and what you wish to change it to: Available. Make an appearance.
How do I check my Office 365 status?
Examine your expiration date.
1. Navigate to the Services & Subscriptions page.
2. Select Sign in and provide the Microsoft account email and password linked with your Microsoft 365 subscription if requested.
3. Examine the information under the Services & Subscriptions category.
Can I get Office MS 365 for free?
Anyone can sign up for a free one-month trial of Microsoft 365. However, you must provide your credit card information, and if you do not cancel by the end of the month, you will be charged $100 for a one-year subscription to Microsoft 365 Family (formerly called Office 365 Home).
Office 365 Teams. What is it?
Microsoft Teams, which competes with Slack, is described as a “chat-based workspace in Office 365” that allows teams to work together within one window to improve teamwork.
It should be noted that Microsoft Teams will eventually replace Skype for Business (which will be retired 31st July 2021)
What is included in Office 365 business?
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote are among the programmes available.
This entry-level package also provides your organisation with access to collaboration services such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Yammer, Skype for Business Online, and Microsoft Teams.
How do I send an email using SMTP Office 365?
To send emails using the Office365 server, input the following information:
1. SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com 587 is the SMTP port. SSL Protocol is turned off. TLS Protocol is enabled. (your Office365 username) SMTP Username.
2. Outlook.office365.com as a POP3 host. 995 is the POP3 port. TLS Protocol is enabled.
3. IMAP Server: outlook.office365.com IMAP port number: 993. SSL encryption is used.
Microsoft Office 365 is one of our top selections for the finest office suite software because it is the world’s standard for office suites.
Because of its smooth collaboration features, user-friendly interface, and unsurpassed versatility to suit each use case, it is the greatest alternative for both online and offline use.