Kahoot!Is about learning games and making learning amazing Making learning fun and appealing has always been a perplexing task for teachers globally. One of the most operative ways to change that is to create games for students to play. That’s when kahoot Comes in
What is Kahoot! all about?
It is a free online game-based platform played by teachers and students in real-time.
Please Read >>> Phoneky – Free Downloads From Phoneky | Download Games, Apps, Ringtones, HD Wallpapers
Questions are displayed on a shared screen, while players answer via their smartphone, tablet, or computer; thereby creating a social, fun, and game-like atmosphere.
It was designed to make learning easier and more fun – an app that one can easily access with any internet-connected device.
Game Master – teacher – can sign up and create a game for players to partake in.
How to Play Kahoot Game
The format of a play is ordinarily a series of questions asked by the teacher, in which learners answer individually or in groups by choosing answers.
High scores are given to players who respond to each question as quickly as possible.
The design of Kahoot makes sure students are full involved. It can also get slightly fierce.
Also, teachers can use data from the game to test their students’ performance.
Plus, it’s created simple enough to make learning easy, and challenging enough to make learning fun.
You can download Kahoot to check how kids learning app offers a platform for making multiple choice games shown on the big screen
How to Host live kahoot
Firstly, questions will appear on a shared screen – a large screen in the room or by screen sharing in a video conference. Participants join the live kahoot by entering a unique PIN in their browser, or Kahoot! app, and send their responses.
Kahoot’s main purpose is to monitor and measure students’ understanding of what has been taught
How to Create a Kahoot! Account: Getting started with Kahoot
If you have not already done so, sign up for a Kahoot account! To get started:
• Go to kahoot.com and sign in to your account.
• At the top of the menu, tap the Kahoots tab.
• On the Kahoots quiz page:
a. Select the check box for Kahoots you want to play.
b. Then, click Play.
Select Classic (player vs. players) or Team mode (a team compared to a team with shared devices)
Note: In the “Game Options,” you can modify point bonuses, name generator (automated nickname to keep students anonymous), random questions and answers, 2-step join for additional security (students enter the game pin and choose the correct pattern), automatic change, and a game pin display.
The screen will now show the reception area with Game Pin # and join instructions.
• Students should put Pin#Kahoot! Mobile app or at kahoot.it on their devices (computer or mobile phone) and then tap Enter
• Students should optionally enter an automated nickname and click OK, go! Button, which will pop up on your screen in the reception area
- Note: Students also have an alternative of choosing an automated nickname.
You will see students that joined the Kahoot! Click on start on your screen to begin the game
• Questions and answers choices will be showed on your screen, and the student screens will be shown on the answer buttons.
Note: Students will choose an answer that agrees to a button that is the same color and shape as the answer choice
Once all the players have answered the question, the correct answer and a bar graph with a general snapshot of the class answers will be displayed on the screen
• Tick next to advance to the next question.
• At the end of each question, the Leaderboard will indicate the top five scorers.
• When the match is over, the details of the winners will be displayed on the Podium and the student screen will show the results and their positions.
• Click Get Results so you can save an Excel spreadsheet with results for student feedback and scores.
Note: Students can rate Kahoot queries, and you can save those results as well.
Benefits of using kahoot: Why Learning about Gamification Works
What is gamification exactly? Simply put, it uses an existing website or app and integrates game equipment into it to encourage user engagement.
Companies like Nike and Starbucks, to name just a few, are known to use gaming in their business.
Best Features of Kahoot
- Kahoot’s business model offers learning in four altered ways via quizzes, jumbles, surveys, and discussions.
- Free tutorial app
- Available for iOS and Android
- Works online in your browser
- Create an account and login is beneficial
- Select from one of the many standard tests and quizzes
- Play the game directly against others or challenge your friends.
Kahoot! Offers learning by building educational games and new understanding by playing them
It emphasizes on the way you read, not on what you read.