Changing your iPhone wallpaper is one of the simplest ways to give your phone a new look and personality. Giving your iPhone a makeover with some new wallpaper (live or static) is a simple but not insignificant way to get a virtual refresh. What better way to kick off spring than with a fresh new background?
A phone wallpaper could include charming animals, beautiful sunsets, a silly meme, something relating to your favorite fandom, or anything in between. Setting a loved one’s photo as your phone’s background is analogous to storing their photo in a locket or wallet.
Backgrounds – and how to change them.
iPhone wallpaper – How can I change the background on my iPhone?
Changing your iPhone’s background is simple, and there are several options.
How to Change the Wallpaper on an iPhone or iPad Using the Settings App
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Wallpaper.
- Select New Wallpaper.
- Select an image. Newer iPhones have moving stock wallpaper in addition to static Dynamic, Stills, Live, or one of your images. New stock wallpaper is frequently included with OS releases.
- Once you’ve selected an image, you can resize it to fit your screen.
- You may also specify whether you want the wallpaper to appear on the home screen, the lock screen, or both.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max boasts the biggest display ever seen on an iPhone. It also includes a whole new camera setup.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Change the Background of an iPhone Using the Photos App
You may also change the wallpaper via the Photos app.
- Choose an image from a folder or your camera roll.
- Tap the share button in the lower left corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Use as Wallpaper.
- Once you’ve selected an image, you can resize it to fit your screen.
- You can also specify whether you want the wallpaper to appear exclusively on the home screen, the lock screen, or both.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Change the Wallpaper on Your iPhone Using the Camera App
You don’t have to wait if you just snapped a wonderful photo and can’t wait to use it as your iPhone wallpaper:
You may change your background straight from the Camera app on iOS.
- Begin by tapping on the thumbnail in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Tap to make a recent photo your iPhone’s wallpaper.
- This displays the most recently saved photo on your iPhone or iPad. More photos can be viewed by sliding to the right.
- When you’ve found the image you want to use as your iPhone’s wallpaper, press the Share button in the lower-left corner.
- Set an iPhone wallpaper with the Camera app.
- From this point on, the instructions are the same as in the previous chapter.
Select “Use as Wallpaper,” then modify your image, hit Set, and select the screen where you want the new backdrop to appear. Scroll up for additional information on changing your iPhone’s background.
iPhone wallpaper – Sites That Can Assist You in Finding The Ideal Iphone Wallpaper For Any Mood Or Occasion.
Pexels provides over 1,000 free iPhone wallpapers, with more being added every day. You can spend hours scrolling through landscapes, fruit, strange art, cityscapes, and other images. Simply browse the site for iPhone wallpaper and apply any filters you want — orientations, sizes, and color schemes.
It is free to download photographs, but you must register a free account if you want to like or collect images on the site.
When you locate an image you like, press it to view it and then click the Free Download button. Pexels will download it to your phone directly; select Files, and the image should be in Recent. If you like the photographer, Pexel will also give you their Twitter and Instagram handles.
Another option for iPhone wallpapers is Pixabay. Similar to Pexels, simply search Pixabay for iPhone wallpaper to pick a background you like. You can also sort pictures, vector graphics, illustrations, and other media. When you’ve found an image you like, press Free Download and select the size that work best for your phone.
You can create a free account on the site to like photographs, but it is not required to download one. Again, the image should be saved to the Files folder in the Recent folder. Pixabay has a social media vibe to it, and you may visit the photographer’s page to chat or follow them.
Unsplash, like Pixabay and Pexels, has thousands of free pictures to choose from when looking for the perfect iPhone wallpaper. The site has an Instagram-like feel to it, with the ability to follow photographers and artists as well as like and collect photographs. Its more social features, such as collecting, favoriting, and following artists, necessitate the creation of an account.
When you locate an image you like, simply tap Download, and the image will appear in your Recent folder.
One of my favorite locations to get phone wallpaper that reflects my personality is Pinterest. It’s easy to become acquainted (or obsessed!) with the photo-sharing website. Simply download the free app and create a free account.
Tap to open any image you find appealing – or, more particularly, iPhone wallpaper. You’ll see a Read It button (which accesses the matching articles in which the image appears) and a Save button (which lets you “pin” the image to a board.) For further options, tap the three-dot Settings button and select Download Image.
If you don’t want to download the app, you can use your mobile browser to access Pinterest. Google can be used to search for Pinterest photos. From there, tap the image, then the three-dot Settings button for more options, and choose Download Image.
Do you remember the blogging platform Tumblr? It’s still available and a wonderful location to find new phone wallpaper. You’ll need an account to fully explore the program, but just like Pinterest, you can use Google to search for photographs from Tumblr. To save a photo, tap it and then long-press it in the app or through a Google search. The new photograph will appear in your Camera Roll.
You may find dedicated wallpaper by searching “iPhone wallpaper.”
Other websites where you can download iPhone wallpaper
- Atlas Wallpaper
- Anime and Wallpapers
iPhone wallpaper – How to Set a Photo as Your iPhone’s Wallpaper
You can set any photo you have saved on your iPhone as your wallpaper. The wallpaper on your iPhone is similar to the wallpaper on your PC; it is the background picture or photo on which your menu and controls are displayed.
When you unlock your iPhone, the default background image is a stunning view of the Earth.
Even if it’s dramatic, you undoubtedly have a better photo to use as the iPhone’s background – perhaps a photograph of your spouse, children, or pet?
iPhone wallpaper – To set an image as your iPhone wallpaper, follow these steps:
- Tap the image.
Check that the picture controls are visible.
- Select the icon in the lower left corner (the one that looks like an arrow trying to escape from a rectangle).
Use wallpaper to personalize your iPhone.
This displays the four options depicted in the illustration.
- Select the Use As Wallpaper option.
Adding wallpaper to the iPhone.
You can see how the current image appears as the iPhone’s backdrop image.
As illustrated in the figure, you can move and resize the image by dragging or squeezing your fingertips on the screen.
- When you’re happy with the wallpaper’s appearance, tap the Set Wallpaper button.
As is customary, you can also tap Cancel.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Configure Dynamic and Live Wallpaper on iPhone
Follow these instructions to use Live Wallpapers or Dynamic Wallpapers on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Select a New Wallpaper.
- Select Dynamic or Live, depending on the type of wallpaper you desire.
- Tap to get a fullscreen preview of the wallpaper you want to see. Tap and hold on the screen to see Live Wallpapers animate. Simply wait for Dynamic Wallpapers to animate.
- When you’ve decided on a wallpaper, press Set.
- Tap Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both to specify how you want to utilize the wallpaper.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Use Dynamic and Live Wallpaper on an iPhone
It’s simple to view your new wallpaper in action once you’ve set it. Here’s what you should do:
- Turn off your phone by pushing the power button on the top or right side, depending on your model.
- To wake the phone, tap the screen or raise it, but do not unlock it.
- What happens next is determined by the type of wallpaper you’re using:
Dynamic: Take no action. The animation is only visible on the Lock or Home screens.
Live: On the Lock screen, tap and hold the image until it begins to move.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Make a Wallpaper Out of Live Photos
You are not limited to the pre-installed Live Wallpapers on the iPhone. In reality, you may utilize any existing Live Photos on your phone as Live Wallpapers.
Of course, you must already have a Live Photo on your phone. Simply follow these instructions after you’ve shot several Live Photos:
- Go to Settings > Wallpaper > New Wallpaper.
- Select the Live Photos album.
- Select a Live Photo by tapping it.
- Tap Set.
- Depending on where you want to utilize the photo, tap Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Set Both.
- View the new wallpaper by going to the Home or Lock screen. Keep in mind that because this is Live Wallpaper, it will only animate on the Lock screen.
iPhone wallpaper – Where Can I Find More iPhone Live Wallpaper and Dynamic Wallpaper?
If you like Live and Dynamic Wallpapers, you might wish to buy some wallpapers other than the ones that come with the iPhone.
If you like Dynamic Wallpapers, I have some bad news for you: you can’t add your own (without jailbreaking, at least). Apple does not permit it. If you prefer Live Wallpapers, however, there are other sources of new graphics, including:
- Google: If you search for “iPhone live wallpapers” (or related terms), you’ll find a plethora of sites providing free downloads.
- Apps: The App Store is brimming with apps that offer a plethora of free wallpapers.
- Live Wallpaper 4K is one to look into (free, with in-app purchases).
- New Live Wallpapers (free, with in-app purchases).
- My Wallpapers and Themes (free).
You may also make your own video backgrounds by recording bespoke videos with your phone.
iPhone wallpaper – What Is the Difference Between Live Wallpaper and Dynamic Wallpaper?
Changing the wallpaper on your iPhone is a simple and fun way to let your phone reflect your personality and hobbies. Both Live Wallpapers and Dynamic Wallpapers add motion to your iPhone’s home and lock screens. While both produce eye-catching animations, they are not the same. Here’s what distinguishes them:
Live Wallpapers: Until you long-press the screen, these wallpapers appear to be still photographs. They come to life and begin to move when you do this.
- Because Live Wallpapers require a long tap on the 3D Touch screen (or models that imitate it in software), they are only available on iPhone 6S and later. Live Wallpaper animations are only available on the Lock screen. Live Wallpapers appear as still graphics on the Home screen.
- Dynamic Wallpapers: These are more akin to brief video segments that play on repeat. They are functional on both the Home and Lock screens. Because they do not require the 3D Touch screen, they can be used on any iPhone running iOS 7 or later. Unfortunately, as we’ll see, you can’t readily upload your own Dynamic Wallpapers.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Keep the iPhone Wallpaper Screen on for a Longer Period of Time
If your iPhone is configured to lock after a few minutes, it will be more difficult to immediately answer calls or use apps on your phone. As a business owner who uses his iPhone every day, you may wish to adjust this setting to keep your wallpaper visible all the time. This feature is also useful while running an app that does not require regular involvement, as the iPhone may lock itself.
- Select “Settings,” then “General.”
- Select “Auto-Lock” from the menu.
- Choose how long you want the backdrop to stay on your iPhone.
iPhone wallpaper – How to Change iPhone and iPad Wallpapers Automatically in Dark Mode
You can utilize special wallpapers offered by Apple that include both light and dark versions if you want your iPhone or iPad background to vary as you go between light and dark modes. Here’s how to do it.
- To begin, launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- In Settings, select “Wallpaper.”
- Tap “Choose a New Wallpaper” in the Wallpaper settings.
- At the top of the “Choose” screen, select the “Stills” category.
- In the “Stills” category, choose a wallpaper with the dark mode icon, which resembles several concentric circles with halves cut off.
- When dark mode or light mode is activated, the wallpapers with the dark and light mode icons will automatically switch between dark and light versions.
- Tap “Set” on the next page, then select whether you want the wallpaper to appear on your Lock screen, Home screen, or both.
Close Settings and then toggle between light and dark modes (or vice versa) by accessing Control Center, holding down the brightness slider, and tapping the dark or light mode button. When you switch, you’ll notice that the wallpaper you choose changes to match. That’s fantastic!
FAQ iPhone wallpaper
Why isn’t my iPhone’s live wallpaper working?
If your iPhone is in Low Power Mode, live wallpapers will not work. To disable it, navigate to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.
How do you utilize the iPhone’s Live Photo Editor?
Open the Photos app on your iPhone, select the live photo, and then slide up to display the effects menu. Open the Photos app on your Mac, double-click the live photo, and then select Edit in the upper-right corner.
Is there a new wallpaper for the iPhone 12?
To complement the silver, graphite, pacific blue, and gold iPhone 12 Pro versions, there are four wallpapers available in bright and dark mode.
Apple’s vivid design language is continued with new iPhone 12 wallpapers in blue, black, green, red, and white to match the iPhone 12 colors.
How big is the iPhone 12 wallpaper?
1170 x 2532
Can live wallpapers be used on the iPhone 13?
Except for the iPhone SE, you can use a Live Photo as your background on all iPhone models. The Live Photo can be viewed on your Lock Screen but not on your Home Screen. Navigate to Settings > Wallpaper > Select a New Wallpaper.
How can I install wallpapers on my iPhone 13 Pro Max?
How to Change iPhone 13 Wallpaper and Get a Customized, Snazzy Background
- Navigate to Settings, then scroll down to Wallpaper.
- You can either “Choose a New Wallpaper,” which takes you to the Dynamic, Stills, or Live options.