IMDb (Internet Movie Database) is an online database of information about films, television shows, home videos, video games, and online streaming entertainment, including cast, production staff, personal biographies, narrative summaries, trivia, ratings, and fan, and critical reviews.
What is IMDb?
Internet Movie Database, which debuted online in 1990 and has been a subsidiary of Amazon.com since 1998, is the world’s most popular and authoritative site for movie, TV, and celebrity material, aimed to assist fans in exploring the world of movies and shows and deciding what to watch.
Our searchable database contains millions of movie, TV, and entertainment program titles, as well as actor and crew members.
Internet Movie Database can assist you in the following ways:
- Refresh your memory on a movie, show, or person on the tip of your tongue
- Discover the finest movie or show to watch next
- Allow you to share your entertainment expertise and thoughts with the world’s largest fan community
What is IMDB TV and How Does it Work?
IMDB TV is an Internet Movie Database service that offers ad-supported free access to a wide library of TV episodes and movies. While Amazon owns the Internet Movie Database, Internet Movie Database TV does not require an Amazon Prime subscription.
Internet Movie Database TV is completely free, however, you must view advertisements that are intermingled with the service’s TV episodes and movies. You may view Internet Movie Database TV via a web browser on your PC or a free app on your phone or streaming device.
If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you may access Internet Movie Database TV as a channel on the Prime Video website or app.
Internet Movie Database Pro provides all of IMDb’s data as well as features built exclusively for entertainment industry professionals, such as the world’s biggest stars, the most powerful decision-makers, and the leading entertainment companies and brands.
If you like, you can pay for some Internet Movie Database features.
They are, however, geared at persons looking for contacts in the entertainment industry.
- Display your talent: update your Internet Movie Database profile with photographs and videos, as well as highlight your bio, credits, and portfolio.
- Get connected: use our comprehensive database to discover contact and representation details, client rosters, and shared connections.
- Keep up to date: check out project listings, box office performance, IMDb data trends, shared credits, and current industry news.
- Find new chances: by searching for in-development projects, creating personalized lists, browsing casting notices, and applying to positions using your claimed Internet Movie Database
IMDb Pro offers a free 30-day trial before charging $12.50 per month.
That price is for a one-year subscription ($149.99), or a little more expensive month-to-month subscription ($19.99).
How do I use IMDb TV?
To begin, search for the movie or show on Internet Movie Database, and we’ll display the possible selections underneath the poster.
Depending on the title, you may be able to watch it via a new or current subscription, rent it, or buy it.
Simply seek for the “Watch” button, which will provide pricing if available.
What’s on IMDb?
It’s a massive repository of entertainment information.
If you’re seeking up the narrative of a movie, or who played in a recent picture, or who will appear in an upcoming TV show, nearly any search engine will direct you there.
There is a dizzying number of entertainment-related information available: scripts, trivia, director/producer information, publicity contacts, story summaries, movie trailers, and so on.
In addition to background material, the Internet Movie Database provides exclusive character resources like bios and notable quotes, as well as the option to view TV series and movies for free in real-time.
Users are encouraged to contribute to the site’s ever-expanding amount of information by rating films on a scale.
Internet Movie Database “top” sites, such as the Top Rated Movies list’s 250 films, are based on these user votes of approval (or disapproval), which continually cycles a list of movies through the list of favorites based on votes received.
Most Internet Movie Database pages for a movie or TV program include a plot description, plot summary, plotline, cast information, review scores, tagged genres, photos, videos, nominations, comparable titles, box office data, runtime, trivia, frequently asked questions, user reviews, quotes, and more.
You can also create your own private or public watchlists.
These can include the movies and TV shows you’re interested in.
They’re a terrific method to save films you want to watch and arrange them by rating, runtime, popularity, and other relevant factors.
IMDb Advanced Search Options (imdb.com search)
Coming Soon and other Internet Movie Database Charts such as Most Popular Movies and Top Box Office are two of the more popular ways to utilize the Internet Movie Database, but there are countless additional ways to search the site.
If you’re looking for a new movie to watch or if you only have one or two pieces of information to start your searches, such as an actor’s name or storyline details, you may need to choose one method over another.
- IMDb Name Search: Search for titles based on an actor’s name, birthdate or birthplace, star sign, death date or location, gender, filmography, name group (such as Oscar-Winning or Best Actress-Winning), and more.
- IMDb Title Search: Look up movies and TV shows by title, runtime, title type (TV episode, TV short, short film, feature film, etc.), release date, user rating, number of votes, genre, title group (IMDb “Top 100” or Emmy Award-Winning), title data (locations, crazy credits, alternate versions, etc.), companies (like Sony or Paramount), instant watch options, US certificates (PG, NC-17, etc.), countries, keywords, language, filming
- IMDb Collaborations Search: Use this search type to find movies and series in which two persons of your choice appear, or to find people who appeared in the same film by searching for two titles.
- IMDb Site Index: This one lists numerous fascinating Internet Movie Database sections, such as Best of the Year, Bottom 100, Birthdays, and Amazon Originals.
- Film Genres: Search IMDb by genre to locate horror films, comedies, animations, fantasy films, thrillers, crime series, and a variety of other titles.
IMDb Free Movies
The Internet Movie Database contains not only information about movies and television shows, but also free films that you may watch right now. It’s a section of Amazon’s Prime Video service that was previously known as Internet Movie Database TV and is now known as Amazon Freevee.
Recently uploaded movies and TV series, popular movies/shows, movies of the week, IMDb originals, hidden gems, and films grouped by category are all available. They’re all accessible via their website and mobile app.
How to Sign Up for IMDB TV
Internet Movie Database TV takes a sign-in to function, but it provides a plethora of possibilities. You can use your current Internet Movie Database account or create a new Internet Movie Database account for free. You may also log in with your Facebook, Google, or Amazon account.
Here’s how you login into Internet Movie Database TV and, if desired, create a new account:
- Go to IMDB.com and click Sign In in the upper right corner of the website.
- Choose a sign-in option, then input your login information for that account to continue, or choose to Create Account to create an IMDB account.
- If you’re making a new account, fill out the form, then click Create your IMDB Account.
- You will be returned to the main Internet Movie Database website after entering into an existing account or creating a new account.
How to Make Use of the IMDB TV App
If your device supports it, you can utilize the IMDB TV app.
The Internet Movie Database TV app may be downloaded from the following locations:
- Android: Google Play Store IMDB TV app
- iOS: App Store IMDB TV app
- Kindle Fire: Internet Movie Database TV is available in the Amazon App Store.
- Roku and Fire TV: Search for the IMDB TV channel in the Prime Video app.
The following is how to use the Internet Movie Database TV app:
- Open the Internet Movie Database TV app and either login using one of the methods listed or tap CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Select whether or not to let the IMDB app access your location.
- Tap OK to allow the Internet Movie Database TV app to send notifications to your phone, or click REVIEW to disable notifications.
- In the upper menu bar, select Internet Movie Database TV.
- Select a movie or show to watch, and it will begin playing.
How to Use the IMDB TV Watchlist
As an ad-supported free service, Internet Movie Database TV doesn’t have many extra features, although it does contain a watchlist.
You can keep track of what you want to watch by adding any movie or show on the Internet Movie Database to your watchlist, whether or not it’s accessible on Internet Movie Database TV.
If a show or movie is available on Internet Movie Database TV, you can use your watchlist to locate it on the main Internet Movie Database site and watch it there.
The method isn’t all that different from other sites that include a queue or watchlist, but it can be perplexing because it takes you to the standard Internet Movie Database entry for the episode or movie you’re attempting to view.
The following is how to use the Internet Movie Database TV watchlist:
- To add a show or movie to your watchlist, hover your mouse over the show or movie you want and click the Add button in the upper left corner.
- To access your watchlist, navigate to Watchlist in the upper right corner of any page on Internet Movie Database.
- Navigate to the Internet Movie Database website for any show or movie on your watchlist.
- To view it, go to the IMDB page for that title and click Watch Free on IMDB TV.
Tips for Enjoying IMDb TV
Has any of the content piqued your interest?
Here are some pointers for watching it on IMDb TV:
- Save the password saved on your device:
If you want to use the app as your major source of IMDb TV streaming, I recommend saving your password.
When I didn’t do that, I was frequently prompted to check in to my account when I reopened the program.
- Rate movies and series after watching them: The wonderful part about streaming content on a site recognized for its content reviews and ratings is that you get to be an active participant in the process.
There is no better moment to rate a show or movie than when you are still thinking about it.
The integration makes it simple to become a valuable contributor.
- Use the “Recommendations” tab: Since Internet Movie Database TV will be tracking the content you view regardless, you might as well reap the rewards.
Swiping over to the suggested page will reveal series and movies that may be a suitable fit based on the type of content you’ve seen.
Be aware that occasionally the stuff it proposes is not free on Internet Movie Database TV and instead suggests renting it through Amazon Prime Video. That can be inconvenient, especially if you don’t already subscribe to Prime Video.
IMDb Top Movies
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- The Godfather (1972)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Godfather Part II (1974)
- 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- Fight Club (1999)
- Inception (2010)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- The Matrix (1999)
- Goodfellas (1990)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
- Se7en (1995)
- Seven Samurai (1954)
How can I watch IMDb for free?
To access your watchlist, navigate to Watchlist in the upper right corner of any IMDB page.
Select any episode or movie from your watchlist to visit its Internet Movie Database page.
To view it, go to the Internet Movie Database page for that title and click Watch Free on Internet Movie Database TV.
How Movies/Films are Ranked on IMDb?
The IMDb publishes a top 250 list of the top-rated 250 films.
The list was created using the ratings of their registered users.
The Top 250 ranking is based on their “regular voters'” evaluations.
The number of votes that registered users would have to cast is kept secret.
The site has indicated that to maintain authenticity, they have purposefully not released the criteria used to determine whether a person should be counted as a regular voter or not. A website with information about many films, such as their actors, cast, crew, and production, among other things. IMDb’s formula for calculating ratings is as follows:
W= R.v + C.m|v+m
W= stands for weighted rating.
R= the movie’s average as a number ranging from 1 to 10 (mean) = (Rating) v= the number of votes cast for the film = (votes)
m = the number of votes required to be listed in the Top 250. (currently 25,000)
C = the average vote across the entire report (currently 7.0)
What is the highest-rated IMDb series?
Top Rated TV Shows
- Planet Earth II (2016) 9.4.
- Breaking Bad (2008) 9.4.
- Planet Earth (2006) 9.4.
- Band of Brothers (2001) 9.4.
- Chernobyl (2019) 9.3.
- The Wire (2002) 9.3.
- Blue Planet II (2017) 9.2.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005) 9.2.
Who has the most movies on IMDb 250?
Actors with the most films on IMDb’s Top 250 list
- Robert De Niro – 9 Movies.
- Samuel L. …
- Morgan Freeman – 7 Movies.
- Leonardo DiCaprio – 6 Movies.
- Tom Hanks – 6 Movies.
- Michael Caine – 6 Movies.
- Hugo Weaving – 6 Movies.
- Charlie Chaplin – 6 Movies.
How much does it cost to use IMDb?
IMDb.com is free to use for non-commercial purposes.
The site and mobile apps are funded by advertising revenue. If you want to help us, we ask that you visit our advertisers by clicking on their ad banners and that when you’re looking for books, films, music, or any of the other products provided by Amazon.com, you utilize our links to go there and shop for those items.
IMDbPro is our paid membership that includes features geared toward film industry professionals.
Internet Movie Database Pro allows users to contribute photographs to their IMDb page, select their Known For, featured images, upload a reel, access contact information, and view In Development titles that are not yet available on Internet Movie Database.
We provide new IMDb Pro users with a 30-day free trial.
How do I get IMDb TV for free?
IMDB TV is Amazon’s fresh new free streaming service in the United States. There is no need for a paid subscription to view popular movies and TV shows on IMDB TV: you can watch them for free – but with advertising.
Are IMDb movies free to watch?
There is no need for a paid subscription to view popular movies and TV shows on Internet Movie Database TV: you can watch them for free – but with advertising.
It’s also legal!
All of this free entertainment may be seen on phones, laptops, and large displays.
Which is the No 1 IMDb rating movie?
Shawshank Redemption (film) (1994)
How do you search IMDb?
Select Advanced Search from the drop-down option adjacent to the search text field at the top of any Internet Movie Database page.
You will be directed to the Advanced Search page (https://www.imdb.com/search/).
What is an IMDb rating?
On Internet Movie Database, each film is given a rating out of 10.
These ratings are determined in a roundabout fashion from votes made by Internet Movie Database users, not movie critics.
All registered Internet Movie Database users can rate every film on the website with a single number between one and ten.
What is an IMDb profile?
What exactly is an Internet Movie Database name page? An Internet Movie Database name page (for example, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0350453) contains information about a person’s professional portfolio, such as filmography, biography, and trivia.
Is there a season 3 of IMDb Ted Lasso?
Let us celebrate the fact that we are one day closer to the Ted Lasso season 3 debut date! Of course, we would be able to celebrate more easily if we understood a little bit more about it. To now, Apple TV+ has kept a tight lid on what is in store for Jason Sudeikis and the rest of the ensemble.
Does the IMDb app cost money?
IMDb.com is free to use for non-commercial purposes. The site and mobile apps are funded by advertising revenue.
What is IMDB Full Form?
IMDB is an abbreviation for Internet Movie Database. Internet Movie Database is a prominent movie website where people may post movie reviews, ratings, and opinions.