How to permanently delete messages on Facebook Messenger from Both Sides. Facebook’s instant messaging system is an easy way to connect with friends, acquaintances, or someone you’re trying to communicate with on the platform.
In a desktop web browser, messaging takes place within the Facebook website, but on your phone, the app is completely different. In any case, Facebook gives you the tools to delete messages with just a click or tap.
Facebook Messenger is one of the oldest messaging apps and has the most popular features of the platform, and while it is a great way for users to have private conversations, it is not uncommon to make a mistake in Messenger or immediately regret sending a message.
Formerly, when these errors occurred, we just let them stay there, kept on Facebook Messenger forever. Now, this is no longer the case.
How to permanently delete messages on Facebook Messenger from Both Sides
You can archive and delete all threads that you no longer want to view. It’s a feature only CEO Mark Zuckerberg had.
You can now, permanently delete messages on Facebook Messenger using a smartphone app, or the Facebook website.
Messages can be deleted one after the other, or you can erase entire conversations at once.
If you delete a message on Facebook within 10 minutes of sending it, you can decide to remove the message from both your view and the recipient’s view.
Deleting Facebook messages from your desktop or mobile device takes a few seconds, but deleting all threads only works in your inbox, not your friend’s.
Here’s how to permanently delete messages on Facebook Messenger:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone or desktop.
- Open a conversation with messages you’d like to delete.
- Press and hold on a message, or select the three dots menu icon on desktop.
- Select “remove” next to the message.
- Select “remove for everyone” — that makes sure that the messages disappear from the inboxes of the people you sent them to, not just from your own. You have 10 minutes to delete a newer message.
This applies whether the message you want to delete was sent to a group or an individual.
Note: ‘Remove for everyone’ will only appear for 10 minutes after sending a message to Messenger. After that, you will be able to delete the message in your inbox and not others’.
However, if you have skipped a 10-minute window and still wish to delete shared messages in Messenger from both sides, it is still possible, just follow the simple strategy below, it worth trying.
But, there is no assurance that this will work for you; it may or may not work for some users. Just give it a try!
- Visit www.facebook.com and log on to your Facebook account on your web browser.
- Select the Facebook conversation you wish to be deleted from both sides after 10 minutes.
- Locate the Action gear icon, and click on it, then choose the Report Spam or Abuse option from the pop-up menu that will appear.
- You will be given a list of possible options to choose from. Select” Why do you want to report the conversation? Or select the option ‘I’m not interested.
- Click on Continue to go to the next step.
- Then deactivate your Facebook account via the General Settings, and try to reactivate the account after a few hours.
- This method on how to permanently delete messages on Facebook Messenger makes your account invisible for a while and distract the user at the receiving end from viewing the message.
If this post helped you, please let us know in the comments section below, and don’t forget to like and share!