How to Make Money on TikTok
Do you want to know how to profit from TikTok? It’s not just you. Despite not going global until 2017, TikTok was the seventh most downloaded app of the 2010s, together with its Douyin counterpart for the Chinese market. That is a major marketing opportunity for business owners.
Learning how to generate money on TikTok can help you transform your pastime into a full-time profession if you want to exploit the platform’s enormous user base to grow your audience. The best methods for making money on the app are listed below.
- Promote partnership ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
Brands use influencers that market on TikTok very similarly to how they do on platforms like Instagram or YouTube. Since it is entirely video-based, brands look for authentic personalities who have strong video content and an audience who trusts them. As a creator, you want to choose brands that align with your content and that’ll interest your audience.
To start, create a few non-sponsored videos of your favorite products. This provides brands with proof of the value you bring through product promotions.
It pays according to authentic views and engagement levels, meaning that the more creative and engaging content you post, the more you’re rewarded.
- Sell products on TikTok ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
If you sell through an online store, presenting your products on TikTok can promote your company to new audiences while also demonstrating the personality of your brand. Try employing appealing music clips or participating in TikTok trends while displaying your merchandise to attract an audience.
Following their success on the platform, some TikTok creators cashed in by releasing goods.
- Offer your services ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
It is no longer simply for fashionable dances; it may also be used for social media marketing.
To generate fresh leads, several consultants have resorted to social media.
Some really creative TikTok users amass massive followings virtually overnight, but they lack the know-how to manage and monetize their newfound popularity. If you know how to establish content strategy, communicate with brands, and optimize content, you may monetize that talent by becoming an account manager.
- Develop and sell accounts ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
Many brands want to reach new audiences without putting in the time or effort required to build a following from the beginning. They frequently buy accounts from people who have consistently posted compelling, viral content on a specific topic.
If this is the path you want to take, choose a niche—the more specific, the better.
Then, develop material that will keep that community interested. When you have a large enough audience, you can approach businesses or creators about buying your account.
- Participate in Affiliate Programs ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
It does not require you to have your own products or services to gain money. Instead, utilize affiliate marketing to link to other products and earn a share of each transaction when a user clicks through and buys. Here’s how it’s done:
- Include an affiliate link in your profile and route traffic from organic views to the link.
- Redirect traffic to your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest accounts, where you can add affiliate links more liberally.
- Include promo codes and URLs in the video descriptions. Users must copy and paste the link into their browser.
Other ways about How to Make Money on TikTok include:
- Sell merchandise to your fans
- Go live and collect virtual gifts
- Collaborate with influencers or other brands in the TikTok creator marketplace
- Collect “tips” from your audience
- Launch a Patreon page and give fan subscriptions
- Become a Consultant
- Create a press kit for your TikTok channel.
- Make a few unsponsored posts.
- Toggle the Branded Content switch.
- Use it to promote your products.
What is TikTok ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
TikTok is a video-sharing app that allows users to make and share 15-second videos on any subject.
TikTok offers a companion app called Duyin for the Chinese market, which has over 300 million active monthly users. The new app’s logo combines elements of the Musically and Duyin logos.
TikTok features ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
The TikTok app has the following outstanding features:
- Watching videos: You can watch everything from short comedies to music and more.
- Video creation: It is one of the greatest places to visit as a content creator because it has a variety of tools that allow creators to modify their videos. There is also the option of lifestreaming, which adds to the appeal. Additionally, users can
- Add music: It not only allows you to create videos, but you can also add your own soundtracks. In fact, the program’s integration with Apple Music and its enormous music app has elevated it above the competition.
- Discover new content: While hashtags and search widgets are not unique to TikTok, they are nonetheless worth mentioning. . People on it can look for keywords, hashtags, users, videos, and even sound effects.
- Interact: Users may follow accounts, share posts they like, leave comments, and more, just like on any other social networking platform. You can, however, drop gifts as well.
- Examine profiles: You may explore profiles on It to view things like the total number of hearts a person has got, among other things.
- Spend virtual coins: Finally, you may show your thanks by gifting virtual money to your favorite TikTokers. The coins will subsequently be swapped for cash, with one hundred coins worth $1.39.
Going live on TikTok ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
Here are a few pointers to help you make the most of going live on TikTok:
- Choose the best moment: You should go live when the majority of your followers are online. Go to your profile settings and click the Analytics tab to observe when your audience is most active.
- Stay live longer: Not every user will stay for the entire period of your live stream, but staying live longer will allow more viewers to log in and watch your show.
- Make a post during your live stream: It prompts users who see the video in their stream with a link to your live broadcast when you submit a short video while live, which helps to build your live audience.
- Utilize TikTok hashtags: Users, like those on other social media platforms, routinely explore hashtag sites in search of new accounts to follow. Use TikTok’s hashtags to expand the reach of your video.
- Check your internet connection and other devices: Don’t forget to consider the technical implications of going live. Check that your internet connection, lighting, and sound equipment can be used for extended periods of time.
- Stay safe: Keep in mind that it allows you to filter comments, mute users, and block viewers. Don’t be hesitant to utilize these features on users who aren’t contributing in good faith to the conversation. Nobody should be subjected to bullying or harassment.
Engaging with users in real-time is ideal for developing meaningful relationships with your followers. Audiences with a deep connection to a creative create a personal investment in their success, therefore going live can help to enhance other monetization streams.
How to monetize your TikTok account ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
If you think a subscription service could be the best approach to monetizing your TikTok account, keep the following recommended practices in mind:
- Use prizes to entice your fans.
- Thank your supporters in person.
- Publicize your Patreon profile.
- Keep subscription costs low.
- Consistently produce new content.
- Do not give up.
- Be genuine.
If the great social media book had a moral, this would be it. And, as difficult as it is to believe in our highly controlled environment, internet users seek genuine content.
In this 2019 survey, 90% of the 1,590 respondents polled agreed that authenticity is crucial online; however, 51% say that less than half of brands create work that resonates as authentic.
So, whether you’re trying out a new dance style or showing off your crochet frogs, stay loyal to yourself. It’s the most certain approach to get fans who will stick with you—and, maybe, earn some real money.
- Be honest. ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
This is closely related to authenticity. The laws for posting sponsored content and disclosing when you receive free items are hazy, but it’s always preferable to err on the side of caution.
TikTok’s branded content option adds a disclosure (#Ad) for you, so make use of it as necessary.
- Seek advice from your favorite creators ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
Start scrolling if you’re not sure where to begin.
Look at what they’re doing—brand deals, advertising T-shirts, spelling their Venmo in alphabet soup—and try to replicate their techniques.
So, whether you’re learning a new dance or showing off your crochet frogs, stay true to yourself. It’s the most certain way to gain admirers who will stick with you—and possibly make you money.
Your fans will lose interest if every single one of your TikToks is sponsored material or pushing anything. You have to keep your cool.
It’s not always about the money.
- Have a good time.
“If your primary goal in establishing it is to generate money, you’re unlikely to succeed,” Jones adds.
Serving your audience, she argues, should be the goal of any social media presence.
Serving your audience should be your top concern, she argues, as with any social media presence. “That’s when people will be drawn to you and want to follow you,” she explains.
Rietdyk emphasizes the importance of “staying positive.” She suggests setting tiny, attainable goals, such as a particular quantity of sales or money. “Celebrate the wins,” she says.
To be a brand ambassador
There are a few procedures you must do if you want to see any money before you call Sony and offer to be their TikTok brand ambassador.
- Make your own brand: Anyone who has taken a marketing class understands the fundamentals, and the same is true for whatever firm you start.
Who are you, and who will be interested in your goods (target market)? For TikTok, this involves having a plan for the type of videos you’ll post and sticking to it. Will your videos be amusing and humorous? Or do you want a romantic, ethereal atmosphere? How do you want people to perceive you (and corporations searching for influencers)?
- Share stuff that people want to see: You are only as excellent as your material, just like any other social media network. Being a social influencer on Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok takes a lot of effort. Your content must be current, intriguing, one-of-a-kind, and up to date. Every day, this means many new videos.
- Get followers: This is perhaps the most crucial phase, and it results from thoroughly completing Steps 1 and 2. Do you remember Easterling? She has almost 54 million followers. Estimates range from 10,000 to a million followers required before you can truly monetize your account. Understanding what your target market wants to see and uploading great content to them numerous times each day is the best approach to gaining followers.
How to Make Money on TikTok in Nigeria
TikTok is another platform where making money is simple if you use the appropriate tactics. We showed you how to make money on TikTok as a Nigerian in this post. To generate money on TikTok, follow the steps outlined in this post.
TikTok celebrities in the world ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
Addison Rae Easterling
It apparently pays her $5 million per year. She rose to prominence after posting videos of her dance routines on YouTube, and she soon cooperated with major brands such as Fashion Nova, Reebok, and American Eagle, and even released her own branded items.
Charlie and Dixie D’Amelio,
Her dance moves went viral as well. Charlie earns $4 million per year via brand deals and their own retail sales, while her younger sister earns $2.9 million.
He is well-known for his Vine and YouTube videos, but the online sensation took advantage of TikTok’s video format and now earns roughly $41,000 every post. His smooth video editing abilities have garnered him contracts with firms such as PlayStation and Credit Karma.
Tik tok celebrities in Nigeria ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
- Tiwa Savage
- Iyabo Ojo
- Mr. Macaroni
- Simply Tacha
- Toke Makinwa
- Mercy Johnson Okojie
- Don Jazzy
- Korrede Bello
- Regina Daniel
- Yemi Alade
What is Creator Next? How to Make Money on TikTok
TikTok debuted a new function near the end of 2021. It’s called Creator Next, and it houses all of the platform’s money-making alternatives under one roof, making TikTok earnings more accessible. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old and have at least three posts with 1,000+ views in the last 30 days.
Once you’ve joined Creator Next, you can monetize your TikTok in methods other than Creator Fund.
Creator Next provides:
LIVE Gifts: It awards ‘Diamonds’ based on the success of creators’ LIVE videos, which can subsequently be exchanged for real-world dollars. During LIVE videos, viewers can also LIVE to Gift their favorite content creators, which can be converted into cold, hard cash. This function existed prior to Creator Next, and any TikTok user over the age of 18 who is a part of the Creator Next program is eligible for LIVE Gifts.
Video Gifts: This feature allows authors to earn Diamonds depending on the number of views on their short videos rather than LIVE videos. Like in LIVE videos, viewers can send Gifts. To be eligible, creators must have at least 100,000 followers, a 30-day-old account, and a public video released within the last 30 days.
Tip: Viewers can make a donation to their favorite content creators, who will receive the entire tip (minus any service fees.)
This tool is only available to creators with over 100,000 followers.
TikTok Creator Marketplace: This allows creators to connect and collaborate with businesses on both paid and reward-based campaigns via an official site. Brands will welcome creators straight to the Creator Marketplace, but if you have more than 10,000 followers, you can apply as well.
65 percent of TikTok users favor brand content with original sounds. Get a piece of it by clicking the link below.
What is TikTok Creator Fund? How to Make Money on TikTok
In the United Kingdom, the TikTok Creator Fund is a component of Creator Next, a TikTok initiative that assists creators in taking their material to the next level.
Members of Creator Next also have access to the following features:
- TikTok Creator Marketplace: A platform where creators can connect with brands and agencies with the goal of creating content together.
- LIVE Gifts: Creators who receive gifts from followers during live streams can redeem them for money
- Video Gifts: A method for creators to monetize their short videos. They can trade any presents they get for the cash.
- Tips: Creators who use this function might accept tips from followers who want to financially assist them.
How does the Creator Fund work?
You can begin using the Creator Fund once you’ve been accepted onto Creator Next.
The Creator Fund will compensate you based on the number of video views and engagement. Only videos that adhere to TikTok’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service are eligible for payment.
When you begin receiving payments, the funds will appear in a Creator Fund Dashboard. You can withdraw money from here to a payment platform such as PayPal.
What are the Creator Fund criteria?
To join Creator Next in the UK, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a minimum number of followers (dependent on region, but usually around 10,000)
- Have received at least 100,000 video views in the last 30 days
- Check that your account complies with TikTok’s Community Guidelines.
How to Get TikTok Followers
The secret to growing a TikTok following is to identify your target demographic and develop content that they want to watch.
If you want to gain more followers, you must also post frequently and interact with your audience.
Here are five fast methods to help you grow and earn more views:
- Use trending hashtags and recommended or trending tracks in your posts: Including tags and popular songs in your posts boosts your chances of being viewed on more people’s ‘For You Page.’
- Capitalize on current trends: Putting a unique take on a popular trend might enhance your exposure. Trends move quickly though, so make sure you’re up to date
- Build relationships with other creators: Cross-sharing content with other influencers can get your posts in front of a wider audience.
- Participate in TikTok challenges: Starting your own TikTok challenge or creating a memorable version of an existing one can increase your reach
- Create quality, shareable content: Good lighting and clear sound increase the appeal of your videos so people are more likely to watch them
How to Make Money on TikTok with Fewer Followers
With around 10,000 followers, you can start making money if you can build an engaged following that focuses on a specific activity or topic.
Increase your audience’s trust, and they’ll be more likely to engage with your sponsored content.
Brands are more likely to contact you to promote their products as a result.
If you create sponsored content on TikTok, be sure you fulfill federal advertising guidelines.
In addition to increasing your number of followers, you should work on:
- Increasing your video views
- Developing a personal brand
- Increasing engagement with followers
- Keeping your following over time
How to Make Money by Watching TikTok Videos ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
To earn money by viewing TikTok videos, you must first create an account and fill out the necessary details. After you’ve created an account, you must:
1. Click on the TikTok bonus icon on your profile.
2. Click on “Watch Videos.”
3. While the bar fills up, watch the videos highlighted with the TikTok extra coins.
You will only be rewarded if you watch videos that have the TikTok bonus icon. Furthermore, in order to gain money, you must watch each video thoroughly, and after around five minutes, you will see the balance of the coins you’ve won.
You will be given rubies. Rubies are a virtual currency that may be exchanged for real cash via PayPal.
Countries that TikTok pays ~ How to Make Money on TikTok
TikTok Creator Fund is offered to users in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.
Do you get paid to upload videos to TikTok? How to Make Money on TikTok
TikTok does not directly compensate creators for creating and uploading videos.
It provides cash for creators through the TikTok Creator Fund (more on that later), however, payout varies depending on factors such as the number of video views, level of engagement, and the authenticity of users engaging with the post.
While advertisers may pay a successful influencer to create videos in some situations, TikTok’s highest-paid users typically monetize their accounts through various income streams.
Multiple income streams provide greater security, but the most important aspect to consider when selecting how to make real money on TikTok is your audience.
FAQs about How to Make Money on TikTok
How much does TikTok pay for 1,000 followers?
TikTok pays 2-4 cents for 1,000 followers, which may result in 1,000 views.
How many TikTok followers do you need to get paid? How to Make Money on TikTok
To be paid on TikTok, you must have at least 10,000 followers and 100,000 views in the last 30 days.
How much do TikTok users make? How to Make Money on TikTok
TikTok users earn large sums of money weekly. In Nigeria, they can earn between N100,000 and N2 million per month, depending on the number of followers, video views, and engagement.
How to Withdraw from a TikTok Account in Nigeria
Withdrawing money from your account is not as difficult as you would think; all you need is a PayPal account.
- Launch the TikTok app. Tap the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner to access settings.
- Go to the wallet, tap my income, and then withdraw.
- Log in to your PayPal account and confirm your withdrawal.
Can I make money on TikTok? How to Make Money on TikTok
Yes! With the correct tools and a solid approach, anyone can make money on TikTok. If you want to generate money on it consider the advice above and decide which tactics are ideal for you.
How can make money on TikTok with the Creator Fund?
To apply for the TikTok Creator Fund, please follow these steps:
1. Launch the TikTok app.
2. Go to your account settings.
3. Select Creator Tools.
4. Select TikTok Creator Fund and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do creators make money on TikTok? How to Make Money on TikTok
The most successful TikTok users earn money from a variety of sources, including sponsorships, fundraising efforts, product sales, and collaborations with brands and influencers. How do I get 1,000 TikTok followers?
It is more personal than other social media platforms such as Instagram or Snapchat, so be authentic, communicate with your followers, upload content consistently, go live frequently, and create “duets” with other renowned users.
How much does TikTok pay?
Some of the world’s most well-known creators earn millions of pounds on the site. According to the Digital Marketing Institute, US creator Addison Rae has earned approximately $5 million from her TikTok videos.
The most popular creators are said to earn up to £10,000 every piece. That is why it is critical to investigate a variety of revenue streams, such as collaborations and items.
When is the best time to post on TikTok?
TikTok helps you to observe when your audience is active, so schedule your posts accordingly.
Mornings, nights, and Sundays are among the most efficient periods for posting material on social networking networks. Consider when your target audience is most likely to be on their phone and design your campaign around it.
How many views do you need on TikTok to make money?
The hurdle to earning money directly from TikTok was substantially higher before December 2021. If you meet the requirements, you may be eligible to apply for TikTok’s Creator Fund.
Payments, however, vary depending on the amount and validity of views, the level of participation on the videos, and the content’s compliance with its Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.