To make a Facebook Page Private becomes necessary if you want to take full advantage of your privacy.
Facebook page is public by default; it tends to upgrade everything you place on its network publicly.
This means it’s indexed by Google and other search engines and on view by anyone But not everyone wants their every move to be followed online on the facebook page.
Specially for You >>> How to Create A Facebook Page For Your Business
However, there are measures to use to make sure that your activity and profile information on the Facebook page is restricted to public viewing and even to those on your friends’ list.
Logging in to Facebook may be a required step. That said, two-factor authentication may sound like an obligation, but it’s essential for users who want to protect their Facebook account.
To Make Facebook Page Private from Facebook App is far easier if you’re using the Facebook app though you can also make your Facebook account private using desktop
How to Make Your Facebook Page Private Using Facebook App
- Firstly, open the Facebook app on your phone and log in together with your Facebook account.
- Secondly, on the upper right of Facebook app, click the three lines, then scroll down and expand Settings & Privacy.
- Below Settings & Privacy tap Settings.
- Then move lower to the Privacy category and tap Privacy settings.
- Inside Privacy settings, tap on Check a couple of important settings.
- This will give way to the Privacy Checkup page where you will lastly make a Facebook page private.
How to Make Your Facebook Page Private on Desktop
- Firstly, visit Facebook.com and log into your account using the e-mail address and password related to your account.
- Secondly, once on your home screen, click on the arrow within the upper right-hand corner of the screen, to reveal a drop menu of options
- Thirdly, move lower until you find the “Settings” tab and click on.
- After that, on the left-hand corner of your screen, you will see an extended list of menu options. Click “Privacy,” to launch your privacy settings on the right-hand side of the screen.
Facebook allows you to vary your privacy settings for individual website features.
To change any privacy setting, click the “Edit” choice on the far right of the section.
This allows you to select who views your information. To stop people from seeing it, click on “Only me” under “Who should see this?”
Adjusting Your Privacy Settings: Other Details to Change
Below may be a list of details in your Facebook profile you may want to vary (will elaborate more):
- Work and education
- Places you’ve lived
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone
If Facebook doesn’t know your details, nobody else will.
Furthermore, you’ll make your Facebook even more private by firstly:
- Altering tags you in posts,
- Who posts on your timeline, and
- Who shares the posts you create to their profiles.
These options are found under the “Timeline and Tagging” section on the left-hand side of the screen, slightly below the “Security” option
The second step to creating your Facebook Fanpage more private and secure is to tap on “How people can find you on Facebook”.
- Firstly, when the sub-settings page opens, click Continue.
- Secondly, if you wish your Facebook profile to remain within your Friends, on the Friend requests page, alongside who can send you friend requests, click everyone drop-down.
- After that, select Friends of friends who can take you to the first page. Approve that you are pleased with the settings and click on next.
- Then, on the Search by telephone number and email address, adjust both to only me.
- This makes your Facebook page private – by hiding your telephone number and email address from everyone else except you! Once you finish, click next.
- Lastly, to return to the privacy checkup screen, click review another topic.
- This is the way to make the Facebook page private! Easy isn’t it?
- Hope you found this useful guide helpful when making your Facebook page as private as possible