How to delete apps is an action you perform on your device to clear up space or because you dislike the apps.
In the meantime, here’s how to delete apps from your iPhone or iPad if you only want to conceal apps and icons from your Home Screen.
It would be absurd to believe that every app you install on your phone will always be useful or entertaining.
Uninstalling and deleting apps is a necessary aspect of having an Android device, so you should know how to accomplish it. This tutorial will walk you through the process on how to delete apps, and uninstalling and deleting apps from your Android device.
How to Delete Apps on Android
Apps installed on your phone can be uninstalled. If you uninstall a premium app, you can reinstall it later without purchasing it again. You can also turn off the system apps that came with your phone.
Please keep in mind that some of these instructions are only applicable to Android 8.1 and higher.
How to Delete apps that you installed
1. Launch the Google Play Store application.
2. Tap the Profile icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select Manage applications and devices. Manage.
4. Tap the programme name you wish to delete.
5. Select Uninstall.
If you delete or disable an app, you can restore it to your phone.
If you purchased an app, you can reinstall it without having to purchase it again.
Uninstall any apps that come with your phone.
Some system apps that come pre-installed on your Android phone cannot be deleted. However, on some phones, you can disable them so that they do not appear in the app list.
How to Delete Apps on computer
How to Delete Apps on Windows 10
There are various methods for removing apps and programs, so if you can’t locate what you’re searching for, check another site.
Some apps and programs are incorporated into Windows and cannot be removed. If a program is just not running properly, you might try to repair it first.
Remove from the Start menu
1. Choose Start and look for the app or program in the list that appears.
2. Hold down the mouse button (or right-click) on the app, and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall via the Settings menu.
1. Choose Start, then Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
2. Select the software you wish to uninstall, and then click Uninstall.
Remove from the Control Panel (for programs)
1. In the taskbar’s search box, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
2. Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Hold down the shift key (or right-click) on the software you wish to uninstall and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then, as shown on the screen, proceed.
How to Delete Apps on Windows 11
Uninstall from the Start menu
1. Go to Start > All apps and look for the app in the list that appears.
2. Hold down the mouse button (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.
How to Delete Apps through the Settings menu
1. Navigate to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
2. Locate the app you want to uninstall and choose More > Uninstall.
Please keep in mind that the Settings app cannot delete 32-bit programmes.
Follow the uninstall instructions in the Control Panel to accomplish this.
How to Delete Apps or Uninstall from Control Panel
1. In the taskbar search, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
2. Navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Hold down the shift key (or right-click) on the software you wish to uninstall and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
Then, as shown on the screen, proceed.
Related Articles: HOW TO MOVE AND DELETE APPS ON IPHONE, IPAD, AND IPOD TOUCH
How to Delete Apps From App Library
1. Go to the App Library and open the list by tapping the search area.
2. Tap and hold the app icon, then select Delete App.
3. Tap Delete once more to confirm.
If you can’t delete an app that wasn’t created by Apple, turn off parental restrictions and try again.
How to Delete Apps In Settings
The first thing you should do is go to your device’s Settings menu.
Then, go to Apps, identify the app you want to remove, select it, and hit the Uninstall option. Hit OK.
In most circumstances, the app will be erased from your device in a matter of seconds. Once finished, you’ll be returned to the Apps menu, where you can repeat the process to delete more apps if you wish or need to.
How to Delete Apps In Settings Instructions in detail:
1. Go to your device’s Settings.
2. Select Apps.
3. Locate and pick the software you wish to uninstall.
4. Select Uninstall.
5. Hit OK.
How to Delete Apps on Google Play Store
The second approach is to uninstall unwanted apps by visiting the Play Store.
Locate and start the Google Play Store app on your mobile, press on your account profile image, navigate to Manage applications & device, select the Manage option, and select the apps to uninstall.
Then, press the trashcan icon and choose Uninstall.
The apps will be removed from your device after a few seconds.
How to Delete Apps on Google Play Store Instructions in detail:
1. Launch the Google Play Store application on your device.
2. Tap the image of your account profile.
3. Select Manage applications & device.
4. Select the Manage tab.
5. Locate the programme you want to uninstall and check the box next to it.
6. Select the garbage can symbol.
7. Click Uninstall.
How to Delete Apps from the app drawer
This is arguably the quickest and easiest way to erase apps from your smartphone or tablet, however it does not function on older Android devices.
If the procedure given below does not work for you, use one of the two alternatives stated above.
This is how it works.
Simply open the app drawer, which contains all of your apps, tap and hold the one you want to remove, then drag it to the Uninstall portion on the screen.
When the window requesting you to uninstall the programme appears, simply hit OK.
How to Delete Apps from the app drawer Instructions in detail:
1. Tap and hold an app from the app drawer or the home screen.
2. Drag it to the Uninstall portion of the screen that appears.
3. When the pop-up window displays, tap OK.
How to Delete Apps from Amazon’s Fire Tablets
The three solutions listed above should work for the majority of Android smartphones, but not all.
As is customary, there are a few outliers that necessitate a different approach. Amazon’s Fire devices, which run a heavily customised version of Android, are among them.
The process of removing apps from a Fire device differs from that of other Android devices, although it is still pretty simple.
Navigate to the Home tab.
Tap and hold the app you want to remove.
It will be chosen when it is released.
You can now pick other apps by tapping on them.
In the top-right corner, there will be an Uninstall option; tap on it.
How to Delete Apps from Amazon’s Fire Tablets Instructions in detail:
1. Navigate to the Home tab.
2. Tap and hold an app you want to remove.
3. The software will be chosen after it is released.
You can now delete other programmes by tapping on them.
4. In the top-right corner, select Uninstall.
5. Tap OK to confirm the action.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created using an Amazon Fire HD 8 running FireOS 188.8.131.52.
Steps may alter depending on your Fire tablet and software.
How to get rid of pre-installed applications
All Android smartphones come pre-installed with a variety of apps.
Among these are some useful ones that most people don’t mind, such as Gmail, YouTube, Facebook, and so on.
However, there is a strong probability that your cellphone may come preinstalled with apps that you will not use.
Most of these apps cannot be removed from your device as simply as those you have downloaded yourself.
So, if you utilise any of the three above methods, you won’t see an Uninstall button at the end of the procedure
Apps that cannot be deleted are known as system apps, and the only method to remove them is to root your smartphone.
If you’re not familiar with the word, rooting is simply gaining access to commands, system files, and folder locations that are normally restricted to the user.
The only method to remove system apps from your device is to root it.
Rooting is analogous to progressing from a system user to an administrator, with the increased flexibility and hazards that come with greater authority over the inner workings of your device.
If you choose to go this route, follow the link below to learn more about rooting your device.
If your device supports it, you can also hide system programmes you don’t wish to use in the app drawer. The apps will not be deleted, but they will be removed from your app drawer.
Disabling pre-installed programmes is another option. This will not eliminate them, but it will disable them in the background and hide them from your app drawer.
You can do so by opening the Settings app. Enter Apps, locate the pre-installed software, select it, and then disable it. Tap Disable app to confirm the action.
Instructions in detail:
1. Go to your device’s Settings.
2. Select Apps.
3. Locate and pick the programme you wish to disable.
4. Select Disable.
5. Select Disable app.
What happens if you delete purchased Apps
Many customers are concerned that deleting apps purchased from the Play Store may force them to repurchase them in order to utilise them later.
Of course, this will never happen.
You can delete a purchased software and then re-download it for free as many times as you like.
If you delete a purchased app, it will be labelled as “Purchased” when you search for it on the Play Store.
If you wish to use it again, simply open it and click the download option.
There is no need to pay.
How to Delete Apps on iphone
Discover how to delete apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Steps on how to delete apps on iPhone
1. Press and hold the app.
2. Select Remove App.
3. Tap Delete App, then confirm with Delete.
Keep in mind that some built-in Apple apps cannot be deleted from your device, so the option to delete an app may not appear.
Here’s a list of Apple apps that you can remove from your smartphone. If you can’t delete an app that wasn’t created by Apple, turn off parental restrictions and try again.
If you tap and hold an app on the Home Screen, the apps begin to jiggle:
1. Tap the Remove symbol in the app’s upper-left corner.
2. Tap Delete App, then confirm by tapping Delete.
3. Select Done.
- With iOS 14, you can delete apps from your Home Screen so that they only appear in your App Library rather than removing them.
- Deleting an app does not cancel any in-app subscriptions you may have.
You may get a Cancel Subscriptions option while removing an app.
How to Delete Apps on iPad
Apps on your iPad can be easily removed.
If you change your mind, you can re-download the apps.
Perform any of the following:
- Uninstall an app from the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen, then tap Remove App, then Remove from Home Screen if you want to keep it in App Library, or Delete App if you want to delete it from iPad.
- Remove an app from the App Library and the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in App Library, then tap Delete App.
(See Find your apps in the iPad App Library.)
You can redownload removed programmes if you change your mind.
You can delete the following built-in Apple apps that come with your iPad in addition to third-party apps:
- Contacts (Contact information remains available through Messages, Mail, FaceTime, and other apps. To remove a contact, you must restore Contacts.)
- iTunes Store
- Photo Booth
- Voice Memos
Please keep in mind that when you delete a built-in app from your Home Screen, you also delete any associated user data and configuration files. Removing built-in apps from your Home Screen may have an impact on other system functions.
How to Delete Apps – Why Can’t I Delete Apps on My Android?
In some situations, you may discover that you are unable to delete the apps you wish to remove.
If you find yourself in this predicament, consider the following:
- System or pre-installed app: Some apps cannot be deleted because they are required for the phone’s operation or because the phone’s manufacturer or phone company has prohibited deletion.
- An administrator has blocked deletion: If you acquire your phone from work or a parent, it may be set up such that only someone with the administrator password may delete some or all apps.
- There’s a bug: It’s conceivable that you’re encountering a problem that prevents you from deleting apps.
If this is the case, restart your Android and, if that fails, install any available OS upgrades.
How to Delete Apps on Galaxy
- Uninstalling apps supplied with the AndroidTM operating system is not always possible.
Some apps that cannot be removed can be disabled (disabling apps may cause related apps to malfunction).
- When removing an app update, make sure auto-update for the specific app is deactivated until the developer resolves the issue.
How to Delete Apps on Galaxy Instructions:
1. Navigate to Apps Play Store from a Home screen.
These instructions only apply to Standard mode.
2. Select the Menu option (located in the upper-left).
3. Select My apps & games.
4. Select the right app.
5. Select UNINSTALL. Some apps cannot be removed.
6. Tap OK
How to Delete Apps on Mac
To delete an app, use the Finder.
1. Open the Finder and look for the app. The majority of apps are located in your Applications folder, which may be accessed by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window.
Alternatively, use Spotlight to find the app, then hold down the Command () key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
2. Drag the app to the Trash, or right-click it and select File > Move to Trash.
3. If prompted for a user name and password, enter those of an administrator account on your Mac.
This is most likely the name and password you use to access your Mac.
4. Select Finder > Empty Trash to delete the app.
How to Delete Apps on Chromebook
1. Launch the Launcher, which is represented by the circle symbol in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. To browse all of your apps, click the up-carrot. To access your apps menu, click the up carrot.
3. Tap the trackpad with two fingers to right-click on the app you wish to delete.
4. Click the “Uninstall” or “Remove from Chrome” button.
You may uninstall programmes from the right-click menu.
5. Select “Remove.”
Alternatively, if you don’t find what you’re looking for in your apps menu, it could be a Chrome extension rather than an app.
You can disable a Chrome extension by selecting “More tools” and then “Extensions” from the three stacked dots in the upper-right corner of a Chrome window.
Then disable whichever extension you no longer require.
How to Delete Apps – How to Delete Hidden Apps On Iphone
1. Go to Settings and then General.
2. Select iPhone Storage.
Please allow some time for all of your apps to be shown.
3. Select the app you want to uninstall.
4. Finally, confirm the deletion of the app by tapping Delete App.
How to Delete Apps on Samsung TV T, Q, LS
Some customers have difficulty removing apps because the process varies depending on the device.
However, removing apps on the latest Samsung Smart TVs is a breeze.
What you must do is as follows:
1. Press the “Home” button on your “OneRemote.”
This launches the “Smart Hub.”
2. Locate and choose the “gear” icon (Settings).
3. Scroll down until you locate “Support,” then click on “Device Care.”
4. You’ll notice a brief scan of your TV, so be patient.
Then, select “Manage Storage.”
5. Select and click on the programmes you want to delete.
6. Then, select “Delete.”
7. Click “OK” to indicate that you want to delete these programmes.
How to Delete Apps on Apple Watch
1. To see all of your apps on the Home Screen, press the Digital Crown.
2. Tap and hold any app to bring up the View Options page.
3. Select Edit Apps.
4. Tap the delete button on the app you wish to remove, then confirm by tapping Delete App.
5. To conclude, press the Digital Crown.
When you delete a built-in Apple app from your iPhone, it is likewise deleted from your Apple Watch.
If you wish to restore a built-in Apple app, go to the App Store on your iPhone or Apple Watch and download it.
How to Delete Apps on Mac That Won’t Delete
If your apps refuse to erase and you receive an error message while attempting to remove them, there are workarounds to successfully uninstall apps on Mac.
Method 1. When you Can’t Delete an App Because it’s Open
On a Mac, you can force uninstall a software as follows:
1. On your keyboard, press the Command + Option + Esc buttons.
You can use this key combination on your Mac from anywhere.
2. A Force Quit Applications box will appear.
Select the app you’re having trouble removing in this box, and then click the Force Quit option.
3. After closing the app, open the Launchpad, hold down the Option key, and click the X symbol to delete the recalcitrant app.
Then, on Mac, you can delete programmes that won’t erase from Launchpad.
4. Empty the Trash as well to ensure that your programme is permanently deleted.
Method 2. How to Permanently Delete Apps with MacClean
1. Download and start MacClean on your Mac, then select Cleanup Tools on the left and App Uninstaller on the right.
In MacClean, go to the App Uninstaller.
2. From the list, select the app you want to uninstall.
3. Check all of the boxes on the right and click the Clean button in the bottom-right corner.
Choose and Complete Uninstall Mac Apps
4. Delete your selected app entirely from your Mac.
How to Delete Apps from Account
To begin, tap and hold the offending app’s symbol on your home screen until all of your iPhone’s app icons begin to jiggle.
Then, in the upper right corner of the app, hit the small “x.”
You will then be given the opportunity to delete the app and its data.
However, this may not always permanently remove the undesired app from your iPhone.
When you connect your iPhone to your computer to sync with iTunes, you may discover that the app has unexpectedly reappeared on your iPhone.
To resolve this, launch iTunes on your desktop or laptop, navigate to “Apps,” locate the programme you wish to uninstall, and click the small “x” on the app icon.
This will ensure that the app does not return to your iPhone via a sync.
How to Delete Apps from iCloud
All of your iPhone or iPad apps and programme data are automatically backed up to iCloud, but you may save a significant amount of storage space by removing your largest programmes from the iCloud backup list.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select your account name at the top of the screen.
2. Select “iCloud” and then “Manage Storage.”
To uninstall undesirable apps, go to the iCloud bar and select “Manage Storage.”
3. Select “Backups.”
4. You’ll see a list of your Apple mobile devices on the Backups page.
Tap the device name you’re presently using.
Because you can’t delete apps on a different device from this page, make sure you select the device you’re presently holding in your hand.
5. After a time, a short list of apps should show in the “Choose Data to Back Up” area.
These are the five apps that consume the most iCloud storage space. To see all of the apps installed on your device, tap “Show All Apps.”
6. To delete an app, swipe to the left on its button and then confirm by touching “Turn Off & Delete” in the pop-up window.
How to Delete Apps – FAQs
How do I delete hidden apps from iCloud?
Sign out of your Apple ID by tapping it.
When you return to the App Store, you will notice that the purchase history is empty.
Simply tap the Sign-in button and log in again with your Apple ID. All hidden apps will no longer be visible after this process.
Why can’t I delete apps on my iPhone?
If you can’t delete an app that wasn’t created by Apple, turn off parental restrictions and try again.
If you tap and hold an app on the Home Screen, the apps begin to jiggle: Tap the Remove symbol in the app’s upper-left corner. Tap Delete App, then confirm with Delete.
Why can’t I delete apps on my phone?
Some apps even require administrator access; these apps can set passwords, lock/unlock the phone, track its location, and do a variety of other cool things.
In the latter instance, you won’t be able to delete an app until you first revoke its administrator permission.
Why can’t I Uninstall apps on my iPhone?
Tap Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions in the Settings menu.
After that, go to iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps. Check that Allow is selected. You won’t be able to remove apps on your iPhone if Don’t Allow is set.
How to Delete Apps Conclusion
That’s how to delete apps from your Android, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and computer. Simply follow the steps carefully, and you’ll be installing new apps with all of your newfound space in no time!
Hopefully, this is useful.