How to create a website for yourself or your business can easily be done using the right tools and resources.
It is possible to create and be able to manage an effective website in Nigeria. Anyone can build and design a website without knowing much about web development, coding, or design.
Especially for You >>> How to Create A Gmail Account | Gmail Account Sign Up 2020
Learning how to create a website 2020 in Nigeria could just be the needed boost to scale up your business.
Though this used to be a big deal before, in recent years, you can simply create a website in Nigeria without knowing any code about web development!
How to Create a Website 2020 in Nigeria – (Step by Step Guide)
Creating a website is the simplest thing that anyone can do. It’s not a must that you should have CSS or HTML knowledge to create a website.
Below are the easiest steps on how to create a website 2020 and have it running in a few hours.
Here’s A Quick Recap of Everything You Need to Do
- The Domain name (your custom web address, www.YourSite.com)
- Website hosting (service that hosts your website)
- WordPress (free, commonly used website platform)
Firstly, to build an efficient website, you need to secure a domain name (web address) and a web hosting account.
These two ensure that your website is fully reachable to others. Setting up a website is not possible without one or another. You need the two.
Finally, once you have a domain and hosting, you can create a WordPress website.
Table of Contents (Steps to Launch a Website)
- Choose a domain name.
- Register a domain and sign up with web hosting.
- Set up a website using WordPress (through web host)
- Customize your website design and structure.
- Add important pages and content.
- Getting your site noticed
Step #1: Choose a Domain Name
The domain name should mirror the niche you are blogging about. Try to choose a domain name that is short and engaging.
Remember it’s your unique website address. For example, 9jafoods.com
A good domain name is very essential to your website because:
- It defines your business brand
- And it gives people an impression of what your business is all about
Thus, it’s important to take your time while choosing your domain name because it will go a long way with the branding of your business.
Step #2: Register A Domain And Sign Up With Web Hosting.
In addition to having a domain name, you’ll also need website hosting (web hosting).
Web hosting, conversely, is your website home and where all your files will be put in storage.
Simply put, web hosting is the house while your domain name is the address to that house.
Your web host is important because you can’t have a website with only a domain name. You need a hosting platform to make it noticeable on the internet.
I endorse BlueHost because it’s presently hosting over 2million websites globally and they have a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Meaning that you can rest assured your website is not going down any time soon.
Also, using Bluehost will save you whole lots of stress and lots of money in the long run.
However, if you don’t use Bluehost as a web hosting, don’t worry, based on the research I did I found out the following web hosts in Nigeria where rated highly:
3: Setting Up your Website by Installing WordPress
WordPress is the stress-free web builders that offers many plugins necessary for search engine optimization (S.E.O).
Once you’ve received your domain and signed up for hosting, login to your account, and install WordPress.
Step 4: Customize Your Website Design and Structure
It’s free and there is no web design experience needed.
After the installation, with your bare website alive and kicking, it’s now time to make it feel more like your own by picking a nice theme, and customizing it.
Just point your browser to yoursite.com/wp-admin, login and begin
Step 5: Adding Your Website Pages
Below are some of the most common pages used for business layout:
- Homepage – the “Homepage” is the welcome page of your website. That is to say, it is the first page every visitor visiting your website is going to see.
- Contact Us – the “Contact Us” page is where your prospective customers will be able to reach or contact you.
- About Us – “About Us” page should tell your potential customers who you are, what business you are into and your experience in your chosen industry
Please note that you can create as many important pages as you need!
Step 6: Getting Your Website Noticed
You can submit your site when it’s ready for the search engines.
But, you have to create a webmaster account at the search engines, confirm that you own the website, and submit it there. It’s free.
Step 7: Summary – How to Create a Website 2020 in Nigeria
- Firstly, you need to come up with a domain name and then, choose a hosting plan for your website.
- I recommend Bluehost, though we have other website hosting in Nigeria.
- Bluehost has WordPress pre-installed. So, you should not be worried about installing WordPress on your Website.
- Just log in to your Bluehost control panel to set up your WordPress
- Then, log in to WordPress and create the necessary page about your business.
- After that, install a theme, customize and lastly install other plugins for more functionality.
I believe this article helps you learn how to create a website in Nigeria.