How to Create a Gmail account is easy. You start by creating a Google account since G stands for Google, and during the quick sign-up process you will choose your Gmail account name.
What is Gmail?
Google launched Gmail after Yahoo and Hotmail however; Gmail has become the most popularly used email service.
The good news is that you can create Gmail without phone number or with the phone number the choice is all yours.
Gmail has been around since 2004, but not everyone has an account yet – people are still skeptical.
However, there are many reasons why you should consider having a Gmail account.
Below Are Some of the Reasons You Should Create a Gmail Account
- Firstly, it’s free
- Secondly, it sends and receives email messages easily and quickly wherever you are with just an Internet connection.
- Thirdly, it has excellent spam filters and keeps your inbox cleaner than any other email client
- Send documents and attachments easily. For files with big capacities, Google will support you to upload to Google Drive and share.
- Then, download apps, games, and books from Google Play
- Sign up, use and synchronize with all Google services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play, YouTube, Google Plus, Google Driver …
- You can use a Gmail account to sign up for online accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Etc.
- There’s more flexibility than with any other email client. You can change your theme and the way your inbox works
- There are countless plugins and extensions are available and free to use to help you customize your workflow and how you use the email
- Lastly, you have the power of Google search functionality right inside your inbox
Therefore, it’s no wonder that more than a billion users have chosen to use Gmail as their primary email client.
In this write-up, we’ll show you how to how to Create your Google account for Gmail, and for others/businesses.
How to Create a Gmail Account for 2020? – Gmail Account Sign Up
To create a Gmail address, you’ll first need to create a Google account. Gmail will redirect you to the Google account sign-up page.
However, for every successful Gmail account sign up, the address usually contains @Gmail indicating Gmail web services are dully accessed via the internet.
Moreover, you’ll need to provide some basic information like your name, birth date, gender, and location.
Once you create an account, you’ll be able to start adding contacts and adjusting your mail settings.
To Create a Gmail Account Sign Up
- Firstly, go to www.gmail.com.
- Then, click Create account.
- The sign-up form will appear. Follow the directions by entering the required information.
- After that, enter your phone number to verify your account. Google uses a two-step verification process for your security.
- Then, you will receive a text message from Google with a verification code. Enter the code to complete the account verification.
- Next, you will see a form to enter some of your personal information, like your name and birthday.
- That’s it! Your account will be created.
It’s important to choose a strong password for your Gmail account sign up, one that is hard for someone else to guess.
Sign In To Your Gmail Account
When you have Gmail account sign up , you will be automatically signed in.
However, you’ll need to sign in to your account and sign out when you’re done with it.
Signing out is important especially if you’re using a shared computer because it prevents others from viewing your emails.
To Sign In
Go to www.gmail.com.
Type your user name (your email address) and password, then click Next.
To Sign Out
In the top-right corner of the page, look for the circle that has your first initial (if you’ve already selected an avatar image, it will show the image instead).
To sign out, simply click the circle and select Sign-out.
Use Gmail for Your Business
If you want to use Gmail for your business, a G Suite account might be better for you than a personal Google Account.
G Suite (formally known as Google Apps for Work) is Software as a Service (SaaS) product that assembles all the cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google for institutes, businesses, and nonprofits.
Included with every subscription you get access to custom Gmail addresses, Slides, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Drive, Sites, and, etc.
With the Gmail account, your email address is not firstname.lastname@example.org, but instead email@example.com