How to block a Facebook Friend
When you block a Facebook friend, he/she will not see things that you post on your Facebook profile.
Blocking someone is a brilliant way of defending yourself against trolls, online exploitation, and other scorn we all inescapably come across sometimes on social media.
As we already know, some people can be very infuriating on Facebook. Fortunately, there’s a solution for that – simply block them.
This means that a Facebook friend you block will not tag you, or see the things you post on your timeline or id, invite you to friends, events, or any groups, and will not even add you as a friend anymore. Interesting isn’t it!
Above all, initiating a chat with a friend you block on Facebook will be impossible.
But what ensues if you unintentionally block a Facebook friend, or resolve you want to unblock someone?
This swift guide will walk you over the process of unblocking a friend on Facebook or the Facebook Messenger app.
How to Block a Facebook Friend or Unblock Friend on Facebook
- Firstly, when you block a Facebook friend, their posts stop showing in your feed and they cannot send you direct messages.
- Not like unfriending, blocking can be done without the other party knowing in the first place.
- Additionally, you can unfollow a Facebook friend for whatever reason to distance yourself.
How to Unblock Friend on Facebook
Below are the necessary steps you need to take when you want to unblock friend on Facebook from your Facebook profile
Please note that when you unblock someone, you won’t block them again for the next 48hours.
To Unblock Someone Using the Facebook App
- To unblock friend on Facebook, firstly, go to your feed and then click on the menu button at the upper right-hand corner.
- Then, click on privacy and settings
- After that, click on blocking and a list of people that you have blocked on Facebook will be displayed.
- Finally, you will find the unblock button close to their names. Tap on the buttons to unblock them.
These are the stages necessary when unblocking friends using the Facebook app.
How to Unblock Someone Using Facebook Messenger
To unblock a Facebook friend through messenger is as simple as unblocking a friend using the Facebook app.
You can undo blocked messages from someone by following the steps below.
- Firstly, from the conversations, click on your profile photo which is in the upper right corner.
- After that, scroll down and click on people.
- You will see blocked people. Click on it
- Then, to unblock, click the unblock button next to the person’s name that you wish to unblock.
- Lastly, tap unblock on messenger.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Using the Computer
- Firstly, log in on your browser.
- Secondly, click on the small arrow that is next to a question mark icon in the top-right corner of the Facebook website.
- Then, a menu will appear with a list of options. Tap on Settings.
- After that, go through the menu on the left side of the screen on the next page, and then click on Blocking.
- You will see a list of all of the Facebook users you have blocked.
- Lastly, locate the person you want to unblock in the list and tap on Unblock next to their name. Click on “Confirm” to officially unblock that person.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Using Mobile
- Firstly, click on the official Facebook app on your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet and log in
- Then, search for the menu with four icons which are at the top of the screen or the bottom subject to the device you are using and the version number of the app.
- Additionally, the four icons look like a website, two people, a bell, and three horizontal lines. Tap on the three horizontal lines icon.
- After that, a menu will appear with a wide variety of links and options. Move down to Settings & Privacy and click on it to expand another menu.
- Click on account settings and then on blocking.
- Lastly, from the list of blocked users, locate the person you wish to unblock and click on the unblock button next to their name. They will now be unblocked
What You Need to Do After Unblocking Someone on Facebook
If you want to be Facebook friends once more, you will need to send them a friend request which requires approval and vice versa.
If You Block A Facebook Friend Or Unblock Someone On Facebook, Will They Know?
The blocked or unblocked friends on Facebook receive no warning of whatever that is happening to their account.
They can find out about the blocking if they try to search for your Facebook account or visit your Facebook profile.
They may even notice that they are not seeing your posts in their Facebook feed and then, add two and two together.