Hotmail IMAP Settings 2021- How to Access your Outlook Account using IMAP
I recently addressed and reviewed everything you need to know about Hotmail (Outlook.com).
Today, I’ll cover all you need to know about Outlook IMAP settings, including how to use IMAP to access your Outlook account from an email program and how to configure your Android mail settings.
First, let me define Hotmail (Outlook.com) in a few words.
What is Outlook? Hotmail IMAP Settings
Hotmail, a free email account service developed by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia in 1995.
Microsoft acquired Hotmail in December 1997, and Outlook became Hotmail’s successor.
New accounts should be registered on Outlook.com; in the meanwhile, users can keep their Hotmail domain names, according to Microsoft.
Outlook allows users to browse and send e-mail from anywhere they have a connection to the Web.
It also allows you to send and receive emails, manage your calendar, save contact and keep records of your activities.
What is the Difference between Outlook and Gmail? Hotmail IMAP Settings
People sometimes confuse the two words since they are regularly combined in their specific areas.
The most important thing to remember is a clear difference.
The first distinction is that Gmail is an email service provider that allows users to send and receive emails.
Outlook.com, on the other hand, is an email client that uses the services of all email service providers.
What is IMAP? Hotmail IMAP Settings
IMAP is an email server interface for connecting email or bulletin board mails from a shared mail server.
If you will be accessing your email from different devices, such as a computer and a smartphone, it is preferable.
IMAP enables users to view remote mails storage as if they were personal, no matter where they are or what device they use.
It allows you to access and manage your email from a variety of computers and devices, as well as via a Webmail interface.
How does Outlook work with IMAP? Hotmail IMAP Settings
IMAP makes it easy to access your email from any device, wherever you may be.
When you use IMAP to view an email message, you’re not downloading or keeping it on your device; instead, you’re accessing it from the email provider.
IMAP Account ~ Hotmail IMAP Settings
How do I find my IMAP account?
- Navigate to your Outlook profile.
2. Select File.
3. After that, go to Account Settings.
4. Double-click the account you intend to link to HubSpot on the Email tab.
You will discover the names of your incoming mail server (IMAP) and outgoing mail server (SMTP) under Server Information.
Outlook IMAP Server- IMAP Server Settings
- Open the “Options” or “Settings” page for your provider.
2. Search for “IMAP,” “forwarding,” or “mail servers”
3. To activate IMAP in Gmail, for example.
4. Tap the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab from the “Settings” menu.
5. Click “Enable IMAP” from the IMAP Access section at the bottom of the page.
Outlook IMAP Settings ~ Hotmail IMAP Settings
What is the IMAP server for Outlook?
You’ll need the IMAP and SMTP settings below to access your Hotmail account (Outlook.com) from a desktop email program:
Outlook.com IMAP Server: imap-mail.outlook.com
IMAP Port: 993
IMAP Security: SSL / TLS
IMAP Username: Your full email address
IMAP Password: Your Hotmail.com password
Outlook SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
SMTP Port: 587
SMTP Security: STARTTLS
SMTP Username: Your full email address
SMTP Password: Your Hotmail.com password
Outlook Incoming Mail Server ~ Hotmail IMAP Settings
Microsoft 365 Outlook Hotmail Live.com
Outlook Email Settings ~ Hotmail IMAP Settings
How do I update or change your email settings in Outlook
· Go to the Control Panel and click on it.
· Look for and open the Mail icon in Control Panel.
· Select Email Accounts on the Mail Setup page.
· Click Change in the Account Settings box for the account you’re attempting to fix.
· Check the settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers to see if they change from what I described above.
· If it’s not the same, change the parameters.
· Confirm that you’re using the right Username and Password for your email account under Logon Information.
· Select More Options from the drop-down menu.
· After that, go to the Advanced tab.
· Check the Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP) numbers under Server Port Numbers to see if they change from what I said before.
· Edit them carefully if they don’t correspond.
· On the Change Account window, tap OK, then Test Account Settings.
· Look for green checkmarks or red markers in the Test Account Settings window
Red markers imply that some settings are wrong. Check your settings and run the test once more.
A successful test is indicated by green checkmarks.
After that, tap Close, and click Next.
Your email should be set up correctly Now.
Outlook IMAP Login
How Do I Reset My Outlook Settings?
Dismiss Outlook if it isn’t closed already.
Afterward, run outlook.exe /clear views in the Run command (Windows Key + R).
Select the OK button.
When Outlook opens, all view settings are reset to default.
Outlook IMAP Settings for Gmail
- Go to your Gmail account and sign in.
2. Select Settings from the gear icon in the upper right corner.
3. To access the POP and IMAP settings, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. Activate IMAP by clicking the Enable IMAP button.
5. Confirm your changes by clicking the Save button