Table of Contents
Google Voice Login – How to Sign in Google Voice App
Google Voice Login Overview
Google Voice is a free phone service that gives you a phone number in the United States that you can choose from a list of available numbers in specific area codes.
You can enroll a Google Voice phone number for use with Two-Step Login (Duo), but you should only do so if you don’t have any other options.
You can select to have text messages and phone calls forwarded to other numbers or to have voice mail messages forwarded to your Gmail account or another email address of your choosing.
Notes on Google Voice Login
• Google Voice is only available in the United States.
• You’ll need to verify an existing US phone number to receive a Google Voice number.
• The Google Voice service is not active for Google at IU accounts; to set up Google Voice for Duo, you need a personal Google account.
• If you use UniCom, the University Information Security Office (UISO) recommends that you do not forward your Google Voice phone number to your office phone after enrolling your Google Voice phone number for Two-Step Login (Duo) due to security concerns (Skype for Business phones).
• You should only use a Google Voice phone number if you don’t have any other options.
Google Voice Login has two-step options.
Both phone calls and SMS messages (text messages) are supported by Google Voice, and Two-Step Login (Duo) supports both of these modes.
In addition to receiving phone calls and text messages at your Google Voice number, such calls and texts are redirected to your Gmail email account by default.
This means you may register your Google Voice phone number for Two-Step Login (Duo), and when you need to complete the second step of your login using Duo, you can get the Duo phone call or text message by logging into your Gmail email account.
There are no charges for the phone calls or text messages delivered through the Duo service because Google Voice is free.
Create a Google Voice account – Google Voice Login
Refer to the parts below if you haven’t already set up Google Voice.
Upgrade your Google account now.
If you already have a Google account, follow these steps to add Google Voice:
1. Go to gmail.com and look for the (phone icon) in the bottom left corner.
2. Select the “Call” option from the “Call” window next to your current phone call balance and then, click
3. When you’re in Google Voice, check the box to agree to Google’s conditions, then press the button.
4. While you can utilize an existing mobile phone number, UITS strongly advises that you create a Google Voice number (a brand new number from Google). You can only enroll one phone number per authentication method in Duo, thus utilizing an existing number would prevent you from using Google Voice as a backup.
For Google Voice, create a new Google account.
If you don’t already have a Google account, you’ll need to create one in order to use the Google Voice service.
1. Go to Google Voice and select the option.
2. Complete the essential fields and click.
3. Click to accept the terms.
4. You’ll need to validate your account on the next screen. Enter your existing phone number, then select either or and click.
5. After you’ve finished verifying your account, click the button.
6. Once in Google Voice, click the button after checking the box to agree to Google’s conditions.
7. Though you can choose to utilize an existing mobile phone number, UITS highly suggests creating a Google Voice number (a totally new number from Google) (a brand-new number from Google).
You can only enroll one phone number per authentication method in Duo, thus utilizing an existing number would prevent you from using Google Voice as a backup.
Google Voice Sign in – Google Voice Login
Sign in to Google Voice to check for new texts or voicemail, as well as to see your call history.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to sign up with Google Voice.
Let’s get started on signing into the Google Voice app without spending any time.
How To Login Google Voice – Google Voice Login
You may sign in to your Google Voice app or account to check for new text messages or voicemail, view your call history, send a new message, or change your settings.
Surprisingly, logging into your Google Voice account or app is fairly straightforward and can be done from the convenience of your phone or computer.
Here is how to use your computer to sign in to google voice:
1. Go to www.voice.google.com.
2. Locate the sign-in button in the top right corner of the website and click it.
3. Next, fill in the blanks with the information from your Google Account.
5. Finally, find and click the Next option to proceed.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to sign in to your Google Voice account using your computer.
If you’re unsure about your account, you may find out by clicking here and entering your mobile number.
How to Sign out from Google Voice
If you signed up for Google Voice on a public computer, you can sign out by following the steps below.
1. First and foremost, open your computer and go to voice.google.com.
2. Go to the top right-hand side of the website and click your Google Voice profile photo.
3. Finally, locate and click Sign out from the dropdown menu
This is a step-by-step guide to logging out of your Google Voice account using your computer.
Google Voice Sign in On Android Phone
If you’re using an Android phone to access the Google Voice app, follow the steps below to log in:
1. If you haven’t already, turn on your Android phone.
2. On your device, open the voice app.
3. To proceed, enter your login credentials and tap the sign-in button.
Keep in mind that if you have multiple accounts, you may switch between them by tapping on your profile photo and selecting the switch account icon.
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you can use the above guide to access your voice app step by step.