FuboTV Inc. is a live television (TV) streaming provider focused on sports.
The company provides users with access to tens of thousands of live sporting events each year, as well as news and entertainment material.
The business is divided into two segments: streaming and online wagering.
Customers can access content via streaming devices, smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets, and laptops via its platform, fuboTV.
What is FuboTV?
FuboTV is an over-the-top (OTT) content provider that provides its members with substantial high definition sports coverage and entertainment programming without requiring them to purchase a cable package.
Since the platform’s debut in early 2015, the number of channels on fuboTV has grown, and access to major athletic leagues and tournaments has become more widespread and convenient.
What are the Key Features of FuboTV?
FuboTV offers the following services to help you with your soccer viewing experience:
- Each network’s upcoming broadcast schedule.
- View the schedule of upcoming LIVE matches on fuboTV.
- Search for future matches by date, channel, league, or club.
With the convenient reminder tool, you can easily browse what’s available to watch in the following weeks and flag your favourite matchups.
DVR Feature – Watch on-demand
When you can’t watch the game live or want to record it for later, fuboTV has a simple DVR feature.
All packages have this function, which offers 30 hours of free Cloud DVR storage.
If you need additional hours of Cloud storage, you may upgrade to the Cloud DVR Plus for $9.99 per month, which gives you 500 hours.
FuboTV Platforms and availability
FuboTV is available on the most common platforms and provides a comparable experience on the majority of them.
- Web browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Most iPhones and iPads (iOS 10 and later)
- Most Android phones and tablets (OS 5.0 and later)
- Amazon Fire
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th gen and later)
- Roku (model 3600X and later)
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Fire TV (all models)
- Vizio Smartcast TVs
- All Chromecast devices
- Xbox consoles
The PlayStation 4 is the only conventional streaming device that is not present (which has Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV).
FuboTV provides billing and technical support to subscribers via email, chat, and phone.
According to fuboTV’s policy, if you are dissatisfied with your membership, they will return your money “shall grant you a full refund within 7 days of the start date of your subscription.
Otherwise, you will be unable to renew your monthly subscription.”
FuboTV provides a seven-day free trial of its standard Pro plan, which costs $69.99 per month and includes over 120 channels, 1,000 hours of Cloud DVR storage, and three simultaneous streams.
The Elite plan costs $79.99 and includes 53 additional channels.
All options include six profiles per account, allowing friends and family to set their preferences.
Fubo subscribers can pay for add-ons, such as Showtime and Starz, on top of one of the subscriptions. There are also a number of add-on bundles and premium channels, which we will discuss further below.
Fubo’s standard plan is the same price as YouTube TV ($64.99 per month for 80+ channels) and Hulu with Live TV ($69.99 per month for 70+ channels). Both of these services, as well as Fubo, stream local networks in most places.
Other streaming services are less expensive, but their fees are rising as well. Consider Sling ($35 per month) and Philo TV ($25 for 59 channels), all of which have a sizable channel portfolio.
The UI of Fubo is sleek and well-designed.
The black, grey, and white colour scheme is more appealing than YouTube’s austere, utilitarian appearance, but not quite as appealing as Philo’s UI.
The menu is divided into a few tabs (which differ slightly between platforms).
Home, Sports, Shows, Movies, Guide, and Recordings are the tabs on the web.
On mobile, the sections Shows and Movies are merged into Entertainment, while Recordings is labelled My Fubo.
The Home tab has sections such as Live TV, 4K on Demand, Live Sports, Popular Shows, and Popular Movies.
The Sports page displays all of the games that will be broadcast that day or in the future.
The Shows and Movies page promotes popular titles as well as on-demand material.
The show profile pages are quite standard.
They show upcoming episodes and allow you to record the series.
(You may also choose whether to record all episodes or just new episodes.)
The playback window also includes the standard controls.
- You’ll have access to a plethora of sports channels.
- There will also be plenty of channels for everyone in the family.
- The DVR storage capacity of fuboTV ranges from 250 to 1,000 hours.
- Turner Network channels such as TNT, TBS, and CNN are no longer available on fuboTV.
- HBO isn’t available on fuboTV.
FuboTV Channels and content
Fubo has a massive channel lineup.
Fubo TV, the most comprehensive of the higher-priced streaming providers, provides practically all of the local networks as well as prominent cable brands.
In the summer of 2020, they introduced Disney-owned channels such as ABC and ESPN while removing Turner-owned programmes such as CNN and TNT. Fubo lacks A&E networks as well.
MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon are among the Viacom-owned networks available on Fubo.
Two premium channels and many packages tailored toward various interests, particularly niche sports, are among the add-ons. MLB Network + MLB StrikeZone, as well as the NHL Network, were recently added to the service.
Here are some of the add-on packages available from Fubo:
- Showtime ($10.99)
- AMC Premiere ($4.99)
- $10.99 for Sports Plus (NFL Red Zone, NBA TV, Tennis Channel, GolTV)
- $11.99 for Fubo Cycling
- $5.99 for International Sports Plus (Zona Futbol, Fox Soccer Plus)
- $4.99 for Adventure Plus (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, Outside TV)
- $7.99 for Latino Plus
- $7.99 for Rai Italia
- $14.99 for Portuguese Plus
- $4.99 for Entretenimiento Plus
- $5.99 for Fubo Extra (Cooking Channel, Game Show Network, Logo, TeenNick)
Fubo, like its competitors YouTube TV and Hulu With Live TV, lacks original programming.
Those services are equally priced and provide original shows (including award-winning titles like The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu).
Not to imply Fubo should get into the originals game — there’s already too much out there — but it does make the hefty pricing more understandable.
What channels does FuboTV have?
FuboTV’s Family Plan offering of 116+ channels is concentrated on sports, but it also includes entertainment and news options.
When compared to YouTube TV, which costs $5 cheaper and has about 30 fewer channels, the entry-level Fubo bundle is not only competitive; it also includes nonsports channels that YouTube lacks.
TNT, on the other hand, is notable by its absence. The Turner-owned sports network is a must-have for NBA fans, which is a major issue for Fubo.
Channels on Fubo TV include:
- ACC Network
- Adult Swim
- BBC America
- beIn Sports (plus beIn Sports 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, La Liga and ñ)
- Big Ten Network
- Cheddar News
- Comedy Central
- Eleven Sports
- Fox Soccer Plus
- Fox Deportes
- Hallmark Channel
- Hallmark Drama
- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Lifetime Movies
- MSG, MSG+
- MSG2, MSG2+
- NFL Network
- Nick Jr.
- Paramount Network
- SEC Network
- The Weather Channel
- TV Land
- Univision Deportes
- WLNY 1055
One of the biggest criticisms levelled about Fubo was its lack of Cloud DVR storage. However, a recent package revamp altered several of the concepts.
The Pro Plan now includes 1,000 hours. However, keep in mind that both YouTube TV and Philo offer limitless storage.
Fubo’s Recordings tab has a helpful tracker for calculating how much DVR space you’re using.
FuboTV Video Quality Depending on the channel and programme, Fubo TV can handle up to 1080p. The majority of the content I watched was only available in 720p.
Fubo also offers a limited number of 4K events (now more than 130) and exclusively on devices that can stream 4K video, such as the Apple TV 4K, Chromecast Ultra, FireTV Stick 4K, Roku Premiere, and Android phones with HDR10 displays.
There is no 4K content available for recording. None of the other live TV services offer 4K streaming. Philo provides 720p streaming and 1080p on-demand content, whereas the other providers do not.
FuboTV Sign up – How do I create an account?
1. Go to fubo.tv/signup.
2. Create an account
- Check that your email address is valid, as it will be used for your login credentials and any critical information (password reset requests, weekly match schedules, etc.) from fubo TV will be sent to this address
- Check that ZIP code listed is right. This ensures that you receive the appropriate local or regional programming for your location.
If the right ZIP code is displayed, click Confirm or enter it, then select Update.
- When you’re finished, click CONTINUE.
3. Select your plan
- Reviewing the available alternatives. Learn more to see a list of channels and extras included in each plan.
- Please keep in mind that some plans may not feature a free trial.
4. Select your add-ons
- Select from options such as premium channels, increased DVR storage, and more
- Add-ons included with your plan will be pre-selected
- Select Add to include an add-on with your subscription
- When you have your subscription set up the way you want it, select Continue to the last step
5. Input your billing information
- In order to begin your free trial/service, you must enter a valid payment method
- Read their Terms of Service
- Check the box to indicate you agree
- Select Start Watching to complete your membership and begin watching immediately.
FuboTV Sign in – How do I sign in on my TV using a code?
Depending on the device you’re using to view fuboTV, you may have two sign-in options: email and password or activation code.
Every compatible device allows you to sign in using your email address and password.
When you run the fuboTV app, click the SIGN IN option and enter the email address you used to sign up for fubo along with your password using the device’s built-in/on-screen keyboard.
All connected gadgets, TVs, and game consoles now support signing in with an activation code.
Important: To utilise this feature, you must have an active fubo TV account.
For assistance in creating a fuboTV account.
1. Open the fuboTV app and click SIGN IN.
2. The SIGN IN WITH A CODE page will appear.
- The code following is merely an example.
3. Go to fubo.tv/connect on your phone, tablet, or computer and enter the code presented on your TV, then click SUBMIT.
- If you are not presently signed in to fubo.tv on your browser, you must first sign in before being routed to fubo.tv/connect.
- The code is only valid for 5 minutes.
If the code expires, you will receive an error message and will need to check your TV for a new code.
4. If you are successful, a confirmation box will appear in your browser and your fuboTV app will launch to your device’s HOME screen.
How to get the FuboTV free trial
To take advantage of the fuboTV 7-day free trial, simply join up.
The process is simple, and you’ll be up and running in minutes.
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to the fuboTV official website and click the Start your free trial option.
2. Open an account.
Enter your email address and a secure password.
You can also use Google, Facebook, or Apple to sign up.
3. Select the subscription plan you want on the next screen.
The monthly payment option is common, but you can also pay quarterly or annually. To learn more about your chosen plan, click the “Learn more” option.
4 After you’ve decided on a plan, fill out the payment details on the next screen. Remember to check the box indicating that you have read and agreed to the platform’s terms of service.
5. Select “Begin watching fuboTV.”
6. Install fuboTV on the device of your choice. You’ll be able to watch fuboTV on a variety of devices after creating an account, including smartphones, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, and Samsung smart TVs.
How do I Install the FuboTV app?
After you’ve registered an account, follow the steps below to download the fuboTV app.
Which device are you using?
1. From the Amazon home screen, go to Search and type in fubo.
- On Fire TV devices with the new home screen, go to Find, then Search.
2. Choose fuboTV from the Apps & Games menu.
3. Tap Get to begin downloading and installing the fuboTV app.
4. When the installation is finished, select Open to launch the fuboTV app.
Android – Phone/Tablet
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. In the search bar, type fuboTV and select the app labelled fuboTV: Watch Live Sports & TV, or click here to go directly to the Google Play Store.
3. Tap Install to begin downloading and installing the app on your smartphone.
4. After it has finished downloading, select Open to access the fuboTV app.
1. From the home screen, launch the Google Play Store app.
2. Type fuboTV into the search bar.
3. Choose the fuboTV app.
4. Click the Install button to download and install the fuboTV app.
5. When the installation is finished, select Open to launch the fuboTV app.
Does FuboTV have ESPN?
Yes! For a while, FuboTV lacked ESPN, which was unusual for a live TV streaming service that advertised its sports coverage.
However, beginning of August 1, FuboTV has a new agreement with Disney that allows them to access ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3, as well as the ACC Network and SEC Network.
How much does FuboTV cost?
Fubo’s Family bundle starts at $65 USD.
This includes three concurrent streams, 122 channels, and 500 hours of Cloud DVR.
This is $35 more than Sling TV’s Orange and Blue packages, but the same as Hulu With Live TV and YouTube TV.
For the most recent savings, visit our FuboTV promo codes page.
What are the FuboTV packages?
|Cloud DVR||250 hours||1000||1000|
If the 116 channels in the Starter are insufficient, you can expand them.
The Sports Plus bundle, which includes NFL RedZone and covers 23 channels for $10.99 per month, is the most basic.
NBA League Pass costs $14.99 per month, International Sports Plus ($6.99 a month) includes 11 channels including Fox Soccer Plus and ESPN Desportes, and RAI Italia costs $8.99 per month.
Basketball TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, Cooking Channel, PeopleTV, BBC World News, and TeenNick are among the 44 channels included in the $7.99 Fubo Extra bundle.
There is a Showtime network package ($10.99 for nine variations of the premium channel), but no HBO choice.
Where do I enter FuboTV code?
How can I change my home zip code?
1. Go to “My Account” by clicking here.
If you aren’t already signed in, sign in with your fuboTV email and password.
2. Enter your new home zip code in the field underneath Postal Code.
Is FuboTV legal?
I’m not sure why there’s so much curiosity in the legality of FuboTV on the internet, but we’ve observed it. Yes, FuboTV has more sports than you can imagine, but you still have to pay for it. Yes, it is legal.
Is fuboTV app free?
Download the fuboTV apps for all of your devices for free. Keep an eye on what you want, when you want.
How do I connect my FUBO to my Samsung Smart TV?
On your Samsung Smart TV, go to the app store and search for “fuboTV.”
To install the app, click “Add to Home.” After installation, sign in with your fuboTV credentials. FuboTV is now available on Samsung Smart TV.
Is FuboTV free on Roku?
Fubo Sports Network, FuboTV’s free ad-supported streaming channel, is expanding its availability by joining the Roku Channel. Fubo Sports Network’s event coverage, news, and exclusive content are now available on Roku’s app for free and subscription entertainment.
Do you need a smart TV for FUBO?
FuboTV is now available on a variety of platforms, including streaming devices, web browsers, Smart TVs*, mobile devices, tablets, and more! All Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition TVs with built-in Fire TV that run Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or above.
Is fuboTV free on Firestick?
On Amazon Fire TV Stick devices, the fuboTV streaming service is not free. To see its content, fuboTV, like Netflix, Disney Plus, and other comparable services, requires an active paid membership.
Fubo is a viable choice for cord cutters seeking to eliminate cable television.
While it was once one of the most costly streaming services on the market, competitors have already raised their prices to meet the $70 monthly base plan.
None of the three streamers are perfect; they all lack something, whether it’s specific channels or enough DVR capacity.
Basketball lovers, for example, will be disappointed by the absence of TNT in Fubo.
As this FuboTV review indicates, the Family plan provides a plethora of channels and storage, as well as flexibility through add-ons.
If you want to save money, consider Sling or Philo — just keep in mind that you won’t have access to as many networks.
However, if your chosen channels are exclusively available through Fubo, it may be the finest cable replacement solution for you.