Facebook search by name is a great way of finding somebody online. With it being the largest social networking site in existence, the chances of finding the person you’re looking for is fairly high.
Facebook is a fantastic way for friends to come together and bond, but creating this connection at times, can be slightly challenging especially you don’t remember your friend’s name.
Nevertheless, Facebook search by name is not the only way you can find someone on Facebook. You can quickly narrow down your search with a phone number, email address, or if you remember mutual friends, where they went to school, or work.
There are many ways of finding someone you used to know, but your success rate depends on how much information your friend has filled out in their profile.
Table of Contents
Facebook Search by Name Access
Before starting any search on Facebook, you must sign in to the social networking site.
Everybody is not allowed to search for people on Facebook, thus you must have a personal account and be signed in to find someone.
To sign in to Facebook, follow the below instruction
How to Do a Facebook Search by the Person’s Name
Using the main search bar at the top of the website is one method for finding people on Facebook by their names.
You can type the person’s name and after that, filter the results to narrow them down.
Below are some guidelines to remember when using Facebook’s people search tool:
- Firstly, when searching for only people on Facebook, click on People at the top.
- Secondly, use the filters to the left to make the results more relevant.
- Thirdly, you don’t need to have an association with the person to locate them on Facebook. Select Choose a City, Choose a School, and/or Choose a Company to find profiles with that information in them.
How to Search Someone on Facebook If You Can’t Remember Their Names
- Firstly, check the schools and businesses. If you still can’t find someone by name, you can narrow your search down if you can remember where they work or where they went to school.
- Secondly, look For Mutual Friends. …
- Thirdly, check Suggested Friends. …
- Lastly, check their nicknames and Personal Information.
Facebook Search by Location (City)
You can do a Facebook search for people by location using both the Facebook mobile app and the Facebook desktop site
Using Facebook Mobile App
Tap the Facebook app icon which looks like a white “f” on a dark-blue background.
Facebook will open to your News Feed if you’re already logged in.
If you aren’t already logged in, enter your email address (or phone number) and password, then tap Login.
To do a Facebook people search or lookup and narrow it by location using the Facebook desktop site;
- Firstly, type the name of the person you are looking for into the search box on the Facebook website or mobile app.
- After that, click the “People” tab to indicate you’re trying to search for a person.
- Then, under the “Filter Results” options, choose the city you want to limit the Facebook search.
- If the city you’re concerned about isn’t listed as an option at first, click “Choose a City” and enter the city’s name.
- This invariably should limit your search to people linked with that city. You can also limit your lookup to people who have worked together or attended a particular school by using the other search filter options.
Above all! The search bar is a remarkable toolbar for searching for anyone on Facebook. If the username doesn’t work, the location comes in play.
Optimistically, you will find whoever you are looking for using these search filters.