Facebook is where people associate, and in recent years ever more people have been using Facebook to connect in a different way: buying and selling.
As the retail world is becoming more and more omni-channel with multiple marketing opportunities to sell in different places, face Facebook Marketplace was launched in 2016.
It was more than just an online garage sale. Instead of buying and selling on Facebook groups created by users, anyone can post a product on the Market and contact directly with prospective customers in their area.
Related >>> Facebook Search Tips: How to Search on Facebook
Facebook Marketplace allows brands to benefit from the interaction that has already taken place on Facebook.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
The name says it all! The marketplace is an expedient digital place for people to find, buy, and sell items.
People can find what they are looking for by narrowing their results using location, category, and price.
The Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace provides an easy way to help increase brand search and its products.
Vendors on Marketplace will be able to put their brand and products on the marketplace.
Personalized Customer Experience
Facebook Marketplace features products that are relevant to consumers and helping your business find the right customers.
This helps to make sure that your product is seen by the right audience, eventually leading in an increased chance that the interaction will lead to a purchase.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
People and brands may list items in the following classes:
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Home & Garden.
The more people follow your business profile on Facebook, the more your items will appear on social media feeds.
The best place to do this is in the description of your product.
The ads you create will also appear on the Facebook Marketplace.
How to Set Up a Facebook Marketplace Account!
- You do not need a detached Marketplace account to get started – you can make your first sale with your personal or business account.
- To make your first list, click on the Marketplace icon.
- After that, click on sell something from the left-hand menu.
- You can choose any product type listed in the list of three options. We use Items for Sal
- Once you have selected one of these options, you will be prompted to make the actual listing for the product.
Facebook needs the following data for every listing.
- What you’re selling
- A description
- Up to 10 images of the product
- Once you have passed in this information, click next to proceed.
- Then, click Post which is the last step.
Cheers! You have listed your first product on Facebook Marketplace. Here’s the real deal:
Facebook mechanically includes Marketplace as the audience for your listing, meaning that anyone browsing the platform will be able to see your product.
The platform also creates a Market profile when you list your first item.
How to Post Items for Sale in Few Easy Steps
Selling an item in Marketplace is as easy as surfing for one
- Firstly, take a picture of your item or add it from your camera roll
- After that, put a product name, description, and price
- Then, approve a location and select a category
- Lastly, post
Marketplace opens with pictures of things that people near you have listed for sale.
How to Buy and Sell at the Facebook Marketplace
How to buy:
- Firstly, visit the Marketplace
- Then, choose the thing you want to buy
- After that, click “Message”
- Lastly, forward a message to the seller and inform him or her about your purchase.
Here’s how to sell:
- Firstly, visit the Marketplace
- Secondly, click “Sell Something”
- Now, display what you need to sell (including the details of the product)
- Lastly, click on “POST”
However, with this data above, you can buy and sell your items on Facebook easily.
With the above data, you can buy and sell your items on Facebook with ease.
When you sell a product via the Facebook Marketplace, it will automatically appear as part of your Store.
Facebook Marketplace Q&A
Q: Does Facebook Marketplace charge a Fee?
A: No. Unlike other marketplaces, Facebook Marketplace charges no listing fees.
Q: How do you download Facebook Marketplace?
A: Facebook Marketplace has an inbuilt Facebook app, or on the Facebook.com website.
Q: Can I get Facebook Marketplace without a Facebook account?
A: No, you cannot use Facebook Marketplace to purchase or sell a product without having a Facebook account. Essentially, you need to create a business page if you want to sell any items
Q: How do I increase Product sales on Facebook?
A: There are quite a few ways you can manage your Marketplace listing to attract more sellers:
- Enhance your listing by adding more keywords in the title and description.
- Write a long, detailed description of the item.
- Hire a professional photographer for your pictures
To join Facebook market place is free as long as you abide by the policies and protocols
It is not available in Nigeria but will be launched soon. However, until then, we will review this post to inform you of the implementation.