Facebook avatar is the social network’s newest addition that allows you to create and customize a cartoon character version of yourself to use on the social network and other messaging services.
So much of our interactions, emotions, and expressions these days are taking place online, which is why avatars let you react and engage more authentically with family and friends across the app.
Suggestion for You >>> Welcome To Facebook: Create New Account | Log In
Avatars are Facebook’s answer to Bitmoji – a similar tool that was bought up by Snapchat in 2016.
Facebook Avatar Feature
The Avatars feature lets you customize your avatar for use in stickers across comments and Messenger in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail, and Instagram – Facebook explained.
Facebook avatar allows people to create a new persona, to share across Facebook and Messenger in a more peculiar, light-hearted way.”
The feature has been available in the US, Australia, and some other countries for a while now and has finally been launched in India
Indian Facebook users can make cartoonish characters to symbolize themselves in chats, similar to Apple’s Memoji and Snapchat’s Bitmoji.
Thru the new Facebook Avatar feature, users will now be able to create and share their cartoonish character with others.
They can use these characters while commenting on posts, inside of profile picture, and Messenger chat windows.
Besides, users will also be able to export these avatars to third-party apps like Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.
This means that millions of users can now build their doppelganger to use in comments and Messenger. The customization choices are extensive, so it’s possible to build a little mini version of you.
How to Make Facebook Avatar: Create Facebook Avatar Maker 2020
Here’s how to create your own Facebook avatar on your iPhone or Android phone right now.
- Firstly, open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the hamburger menu (three stacked lines). It could be in the lower right corner in iOS or the upper right corner on Android phones.
- Then, scroll down and tap See More.
- Select Avatars.
- Tap Next and then Get Started.
- After that, select your preferred skin tone (there are 27 options) and tap next.
- You will then be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short, Medium, or long for a selection of styles. As soon as you’ve made your selection, tap the Color icon.
- Afterward, move on to your avatar’s Face icon, where you’ll choose the face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- After you’ve modified the face, tap the Eye icon. Select an eye shape, color, and lash length. Then move on to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You can also add glasses.
- Now customize the nose and mouth. Choose your nose shape and then move on to your mouth shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair.
- Then, choose a body shape. As soon as you do this, you can choose an outfit that you like best. You can also choose to add a hat, scarf, or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit.
- When you’re through with customizing your avatar, click the checkmark icon in the upper right corner. Tap Next and then Done.
When you want to use it, you can access the avatar you made by tapping the smiley face icon in the Write a comment section of Facebook.
It’s ready! Now you have a Facebook avatar that you can share with your family and friends.
How to Edit Facebook Avatar
As soon as the Avatar is done, you can change it at a later date. To do so, go to the menu on the Facebook app – the one with the three horizontal lines – and find the purple Avatar option. You can then edit as you want.
But, if you think it does not look like you when its countenance is blank, then click the sticker option in the top right and you’ll see what it looks like when in the various sticker poses.
Can’t See Facebook Avatars/Not Working/Showing Up?
Ensure you have updated your app to the latest version.
It’s also likely that Avatars has not been rolled out to your account yet, so be patient for the update to arrive.
How Do I Put The Facebook Avatar On My Desktop?
It is not possible yet. You cannot make a Facebook Avatar using a computer or laptop.
Though you can see and share your Facebook Avatar on a computer or laptop, it is presently not likely to make one on desktop.
While you can work around this by simply creating your cartoon likeness on iOS or Android, the hopelessness to create or edit your animation caricature on a desktop can be frustrating.
Nevertheless, you can still share it on your computer.
How to Share Facebook Avatar on Desktop
You can share your Facebook Avatar on the desktop when responding to comments.
To do these simply reply to a post or messenger with a sticker
Plus, you can also have your cartoon likeness become your FB profile on both desktop and phone by setting it as such after creating it on iOS or Android.