Belk Inc., established in North Carolina, is a private department store chain that specializes in sophisticated, Southern fashion. The company currently operates in 16 states and online. Shoppers will find a wide selection of national and private label brands, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, and home goods.
Table of Contents
What is a Belk Credit Card?
A Belk credit card is a retail credit card that provides cashback on Belk purchases. Belk credit cards come in two varieties:
- The Belk Rewards Card
- Mastercard® Belk Rewards
Both the Belk Rewards Mastercard® and the Belk Rewards Card offer two upgrade editions: Premier and Elite.
Synchrony Bank issues all Belk credit cards, which carry an APR of 25.49 percent.
The card’s high APR is one of its drawbacks, as holding a balance on a Belk credit card can quickly build up interest charges.
Regular consumers can apply for a Synchrony Bank Belk credit card. The card includes benefits such as cash back and contactless technology.
After you’ve used the card to make Belk purchases, Synchrony Bank gives you five payment options: online, through the app, by mail, over the phone, or in-store.
Should I Get a Belk Credit Card?
You should only apply for a Belk credit card if you are a frequent Belk customer who will benefit from the cashback rewards.
Because incentives are issued in the form of store certificates that expire after a year, they are useless unless you make frequent Belk purchases.
Many borrowers would be better served by a traditional rewards credit card that pays cashback on shopping and routine transactions. Most major credit card rewards can be redeemed as cash or statement credit and do not expire as long as your credit card account is open.
What is a Belk credit card for?
While everyone is eligible to apply for a Belk credit card, it is best suited to the following sorts of borrowers:
- Avid Shoppers Belk: As previously stated, the rewards program is ineffective for anyone who does not buy at Belk on a regular basis.
If you are a frequent Belk shopper, however, the rewards are very considerable, especially if you spend enough to upgrade your card to a Premier or Elite edition.
- Anyone with a big upcoming Belk purchase: Opening a new credit card can have a (temporary) negative impact on your credit score by adding a hard inquiry to your credit report, for example. There are no risks to opening a Belk credit card, except from the brief impact to your credit. So, if you’re going to make a major Belk buy, you might as well get a card and take advantage of the welcome bonuses—a $10 certificate and a 20% discount on your first day of card ownership.
How to Apply Online for a Belk Credit Card
- Begin by visiting www.BelkCredit.com to apply for a Belk credit card.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the website and click “Apply for a Belk Rewards credit card.”
- Fill up your personal details on the next page. This information includes your first and last name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- You must also enter your Social Security number, date of birth, and annual net income.
- Select “Continue.” You will be approved, rejected, or asked for additional information.
- Once authorized, go to www.BelkCredit.com to redeem your Belk rewards, manage your credit account, and shop.
Other Methods of Applying for a Belk Credit Card
If you do not wish to apply for a Belk credit card online, you can do so in person at a Belk department store. Speak with an associate and inform them that you want to apply for a card. You will be required to show photo identification.
Belk Credit Card Login
Cardholders of Belk credit cards can shop at Belk without incurring any additional or inconvenient fees. When you use a Belk credit card to pay, you will receive a welcome bonus of up to $10. The main reason for registering your Belk credit card is to keep track of your earnings and all the benefits that come with approved purchases.
You can also look into the other credit cards offered by Synchrony Bank.
Stay with us as we show you how to register a Belk credit card and then walk you through a quick Belk credit card login. So, now that you’ve provided permission and an order to proceed, read the directions below on how to apply for and register for a free Belk credit card through the web way.
Requirements for Belk Credit Card Sign Up
Belk Credit Card Activation is determined by card registration. It has been operational since you registered your Belk credit card. In contrast, an account is always formed with the primary account aim in mind.
Because the focus of this online account will be on how to manage credit cards and their scorers, the account will require:
- Credit Card Number
- Credit Card Expiry Date
- The surface-inscribed name on the credit card, which will be inserted on the registration column exactly as it was illustrated
- Your Primary SSN/TIN
- A smartphone or laptop/desktop
How to Register Belk Credit Card
It appears like registering for a Belk credit card is the only viable option. Belk credit card activation is interchangeable with Belk credit card registration. Remember that once you’ve registered your credit card online, you’ve effectively activated it. This is how you register your Belk credit card.
- Launch your web browser and navigate to the Belk credit card login page – https://www.synchronycredit.com/eSecurity/Login/login.action?
- Scroll down to find the Registration Link, which is located beneath the login short form at the interface.
- Enter your SSN/TIN, credit card information, and mobile phone number.
- If you have a cellphone number, click Continue; otherwise, click Cancel.
- Select “I don’t have a Mobile Number.”
- Fill out the registration form now, including your name, address, and employment information.
- Once you’ve finished the first page, click Continue.
Credit Card Application for Belk
A credit card guarantees that the account looks nice on the exterior and that the online account registration process proceeds successfully.
If you do not have a credit card but would want to open an online account, please deviate from the typical procedure and come here right away to apply before starting an account. You will never be able to access the internet platform if you do not have a credit card.
To apply for a Belk Credit Card, follow these steps:
- Launch your web browser and navigate to the aforementioned page.
- Click on “Not a Cardholder?” Apply Now!” is located beneath the login form.
- Fill out the credit card application form with the requested information.
- Create a credit card account, then return to create an online account for
- Making payments exactly as directed
- Checking your earnings
- Examining your e-statements and card transactions
- Locating local Belk stores
- Transferring collected money and redeeming your points
- Making online payments, particularly internet shopping
- Paying without your card
Belk Credit Card Login with Mobile
You can keep track of your credit card transactions on your smartphone. It looks to be the most portable material for contacting the platform, and hence the most stress-free routine for signing in to the account. When you need to log in, always remember to turn on your data connection. Contact the Support Service if your services are inconsistent or slow.
Here’s more information about each manner of payment.
How to Make an Online Belk Credit Card Payment
Synchrony Bank provides two options for making an online Belk credit card payment.
One of the options allows you to pay without signing into an internet account. Here’s how it’s done:
- Navigate to the account management page for your Belk credit card.
- Select “Pay as a Guest.”
- Enter your card number, your Social Security number’s last four digits, and your billing ZIP code.
- To finalize the payment, follow the steps on the screen.
Get Credit Card Perks
The other online payment method necessitates registration. To begin the procedure, enter your account number and billing ZIP code. To finish the registration, simply follow the on-screen directions. Then you may log in, enter your bank account details, and make payments.
How to Make a Belk Credit Card Payment via the App
The Belk app is available for both Android and Apple smartphones and allows you to pay from virtually anywhere. Here’s how it’s done:
- Get the Belk app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Launch the Belk app on your smartphone.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for online account access.
- Enter the username and password you created when you registered into the app.
- Select the “Payments” tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish your payment.
How To Make a Belk Credit Card Payment by Mail
You can also send your Belk credit card payment via mail. Make a cheque or money order payable to Belk for the minimum amount required. Include the payment coupon from your billing statement with the payment. If you don’t have a coupon, write your account number on the check or money order instead. Everything should be mailed to: Synchrony Bank/Belk P.O. Box 530940 Atlanta, GA 30553-0940
Payments can be delayed for up to five days if they are not filed correctly.
How to Make a Phone Payment on a Belk Credit Card
It is simple to pay your Belk credit card over the phone. Before you begin, get your checking account number and bank routing information, and then follow these steps:
- To reach the automated system, dial 800-669-6550.
- Speak or type in your Belk credit card number.
- Complete your payment by following the system prompts.
- Please keep in mind that there will be a cost for faster phone payments.
How To Make a Belk Credit Card Payment in a Store
You can use your credit card to make a payment at a Belk shop. To discover the nearest store to you, use the store locator option on Belk’s website. When you arrive at the store, head to the customer service desk to pay.
Avoiding Late Fees
You may prevent late fees by paying your Belk credit card bill on time each month. Payments must be received by 5 p.m.
On the date shown on your billing statement, EST. If you make a payment after the cutoff time, you will be charged a $29 late fee unless you have had a late fee within the previous six billing cycles. The late fee will then be $40.
- Generous new cardmember signup bonus
- 20 special savings events per year
- Bonus rewards events every year
- Cardholder savings day of the month
- Receipt-free returns
- Certain benefits are only available to higher-tier cards
- Standard APR is quite high
- You must wait up to three billing cycles to earn rewards after your points balance reaches 1,000
- Rewards are valid for one year
- Rewards are limited to $100 each billing cycle
Recommended Credit Score
- Fair credit or a limited credit history
Belk Credit Card: Excellent Rewards for Big Spenders
Belk is a department store that was founded in 1888. There are around 300 Belk sites in 16 states, and these stores carry a wide range of products, including men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel; bed and bath items; home furnishings; beauty; jewelry and accessories; and more.
Belk, like many other department shops, has its own store credit cards. Because these are Mastercards, they can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted, not just at Belk shops and on Belk.com. The card you’re eligible for is determined by how much you spend at Belk each year, but each card offers very hefty rewards to consumers who buy at Belk locations.
Belk Credit Card Benefits
Advantages of the Belk Rewards Credit Card
Although the Belk Rewards Card is the entry-level card for consumers who spend up to $599 at Belk stores every year, it still comes with many of the same benefits, such as 20% off all purchases on the day of account approval (home goods and shoes are only eligible for 15 percent off). When you make a purchase on the day of approval, you’ll also receive $10 in Belk reward dollars (usable for $10 in purchases), making it a very excellent first day as a cardholder.
You will also receive:
- 3% in rewards at Belk or Belk.com; 2% in petrol and grocery purchases; and 1% everywhere else Mastercard is accepted (1,000 points = $10 in Belk reward money).
- 20 exclusive savings events every year, including special days with additional discounts (for example, on Belk’s Girls’ Night Out, cardholders can save 25% on women’s or junior’s clothing with restricted limits).
- Returns without a receipt for transactions made with your card
- Monthly cardholder savings day and bonus incentive events
Belk Premier Rewards Credit Card Benefits
Customers who spend between $600 and $1,499 a year are eligible for the Belk Premier Rewards card.
This card includes the same benefits as the Belk Rewards credit card, plus:
- 4% back in rewards at Belk or Belk.com (compared to 3 percent for the Rewards card)
- A birthday coupon
- Flexible payments with the Belk RewardsFlex Pay Plan
- Invitation-only Premier Savings Days when you may save even more money on select products
Belk Elite Rewards Credit Card Benefits
The Belk Elite Rewards credit card is the company’s highest-tier card, reserved for consumers who spend at least $1,500 each year. This card includes the same benefits as the Belk Premier Rewards credit card, as well as:
- 5% back in rewards at Belk or Belk.com (compared to 4 percent for the Premier Rewards card and 3 percent for the Rewards card)
- Free in-store and online shipping at Belk.com
- A quarterly Pick Your Own Sale Day (20% off purchases on any day of the year)
- Access to four invitation-only Elite Savings Days every year
The Belk Credit Card’s Drawbacks
The Belk card, like most shop cards, has one major drawback: the rewards program may be more limited than what is often offered by generic cash back credit cards. Only Belk reward dollars can be redeemed for points.
Although Belk reward dollars can be used for products at Belk shops with no brand restrictions, they cannot be redeemed for a statement credit or purchases at other locations. Other cash back or rewards credit cards offer far greater freedom in terms of redemption.
Rewards are only available until you have accumulated 1,000 points, so it may take some time to accumulate enough points to cash in.
Furthermore, you can only redeem $100 in Belk reward dollars in a single billing cycle, however any leftover rewards points can be transferred to subsequent billing cycles, and awards expire after one year.
How Does It Compare to Other Cards?
When compared to other shop cards, the Belk card has some advantages, notably because it can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Other companies, such as Kohl’s, only provide in-store gift cards.
In terms of shop cards, the Belk credit card offers reasonable benefits, particularly if you qualify for the Belk Elite Rewards category.
With incentives like free delivery and a quarterly Pick Your Own Sale Day, the more you purchase at Belk shops, the more valuable the perks grow.
Unfortunately, the Belk card, like most retail cards, has somewhat severe regulations about how rewards can be redeemed.
Belk Elite Rewards vs Discover it Cash Back
The Discover it Cash Back credit card offers 5% cash back in rotating quarterly bonus categories such as petrol stations, grocery stores, Amazon.com, and restaurants to cardholders. Currently, only the Belk Elite Rewards card provides that rate. However, if Belk is your preferred retailer, you may be able to earn more rewards without keeping track of a cash back calendar.
Unsurprisingly, Discover offers far greater freedom when it comes to redeeming non-expiring rewards. Although the Discover it Cash Back card does not offer a signup incentive on the day you create your account, it does automatically match all cash back earned at the conclusion of your first year — which might deliver far larger savings than the Belk card’s one-day reductions.
How Do I Submit a Belk Credit Card Payment?
You have several alternatives for paying off your Belk credit card bill. Log in to your Belk account at SynchronyCredit.com or BelkCredit.com to make a payment.
You could also pay through the Belk mobile app, by phone at 800-669-6550, by mail, or by visiting a Belk shop.
Customer Service with Belk Credit Cards
If you have any questions about your Belk credit card, please contact customer support at 1-800-669-65-50.
They are available Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Belk Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Is it difficult to obtain a Belk credit card?
While Belk does not specify the credit score required to obtain a Belk credit card, we may presume that a Belk Rewards Card is quite straightforward to obtain, even if you have a lower-than-average credit score.
According to Experian, “many retail cards are available if you have limited or low credit,” implying that the majority of borrowers can qualify for a Belk store card.
The Belk Rewards Mastercard®, on the other hand, is likely to be more difficult to obtain, and you’ll need at least a decent credit score (640+) to qualify.
How do I get a Belk credit card?
A Belk credit card can be applied for online. You will be considered first for a Belk Rewards Mastercard®. If your credit score does not qualify you for the card, the Belk Rewards Card will be examined instead.
In which stores may I use my Belk credit card?
A Belk Rewards Card can only be used at Belk shops and on the Belk website.
The Belk Rewards Mastercard® is accepted wherever Mastercard is accepted.
What are the advantages of having a Belk credit card?
You earn cash back based on your annual spending. You get 3% back on Belk card purchases of less than $600 each year.
If you spend $600 to $1,499, you will receive 4% back, and if you spend $1,500 or more, you will receive 5% back. If you reach the top tier, you will also be eligible for free shipping and 20% off days.
What is the interest rate on a Belk credit card?
The APR for Belk credit card transactions is 25.49 percent.
Is there a yearly fee?
The Belk credit card has no annual fee.
Is there a penalty for being late?
Depending on your payment history with Belk, there is a late fee of $27 or $38.
Is my personal information shared?
Unless you opt out, your information is shared with affiliate firms. To opt out of having your information shared, call 1-866-560-4457.
If you shop at Belk frequently and don’t mind the limitations on how you can redeem rewards, the Belk Rewards Mastercard could be a suitable option for you. Remember that reward points expire after one year and can only be used for Belk purchases. Consider other cards, such as the Discover it or similar cash back cards, if you want more freedom and don’t want to worry about losing benefits.